Why childtheme style it’s not being inherited correctly from the parent theme?

Hi

Just installed child theme of Sparkling. However, the style it’s not being inherited correctly from the parent theme. Which is still original.

This is how it looks in the child theme:

Surprisingly, in the preview of customize mode some CSS is showing up, like the red colour of hovering the menu.

This is my funcions.php:

?php
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘my_theme_enqueue_styles’ );
function my_theme_enqueue_styles() {
$parenthandle = ‘sparkling-style’; // This is ‘twentyfifteen-style’ for the Twenty Fifteen theme.
$theme = wp_get_theme();
wp_enqueue_style( $parenthandle, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’,
array(), // if the parent theme code has a dependency, copy it to here
$theme->parent()->get(‘Version’)
);
wp_enqueue_style( ‘child-style’, get_stylesheet_uri(),
array( $parenthandle ),
$theme->get(‘Version’) // this only works if you have Version in the style header
);
}
?

The style.css:

/*
Theme Name: sparkling-child
Theme URI:
Author: Colorlib
Author URI:
Description: Sparkling is a clean minimal and responsive WordPress theme well suited for travel, health, business, finance, portfolio, design, art, photography, personal, ecommerce and any other creative websites and blogs. Developed using Bootstrap 3 that makes it mobile and tablets friendly. Theme comes with full-screen slider, social icon integration, author bio, popular posts widget and improved category widget. Sparkling incorporates latest web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3 and is SEO friendly thanks to its clean structure and codebase. It has dozens of Theme Options based on WordPress Customizer to change theme layout, colors, fonts, slider settings and much more. Theme is also translation and multilingual ready, compatible with WPML and is available in Spanish, French, Dutch, Polish, Russian, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese (Portugal), Persian (Iranian language), Romanian, Turkish, Bulgarian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Czech, Ukrainian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Indonesian, Estonian, Spanish (Argentina), Hungarian and Italian. Sparkling is a free WordPress theme with premium functionality and design. Theme is ecommerce ready thanks to its WooCommerce integration. Now theme is optimized to work with bbPress, Contact Form 7, Jetpack, WooCommerce and other popular free and premium plugins. Lately we introduced a sticky/fixed navigation that you can enable or disable via WordPress Customizer.
Version: 2.4.8
Tested up to: 5.5
Requires PHP: 5.4.0
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later
License URI:
Text Domain: sparkling
Domain Path: /languages/
Tags: blog, news, e-commerce
Template: sparkling
This theme, like WordPress, is licensed under the GPL.
sparkling is based on Underscores , (C) 2012-2015 Automattic, Inc.
*/

What could be causing this? Already searched for some different code and tried a couple, but none got me the result of the parent theme.

Hey there

May I see the problem on the site? I need URL of the page and a reference of the problem

Thanks