Widget do not allign with parallax background

Hi,

I have an issue with my parallax homepage using shapely theme.

For some reason I can’t get widget content to align with the background.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take a look at my site lhoprints.com and see if you have any solutions for this. There are three “buttons” shop, about, and contact that should be center alligned with the white spacing. Instead they float over it.

It was working perfectly fine until I re-installed the theme from this link (https://github.com/puikinsh/shapely). This sorted the problem I had with product photos in shop not showing, but then this happened to my frontpage.

The widget in use in the parallax section is SiteOrigin Livemesh Icon List.

Thanks!

I don’t know if this makes any difference, but when I tried to import widgets from demo content after latest install of theme these widgets failed to install and i got this error message.

shapely_home_parallax We Change Everything WordPress Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax SEO Friendly Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax Portfolio Section Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax Small Parallax Section Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax Limitless Options Site does not support widget

Thanks,

Hi @laho,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take a look at my site lhoprints.com and see if you have any solutions for this. There are three “buttons” shop, about, and contact that should be center alligned with the white spacing. Instead they float over it.

I visited your shared site and it’s displaying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please test it clearing your browser cache or using different browser?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for checking out this issue. However after caching all browsers, and even tried different computers I still can’t see the page as you have. Actually sometimes it shows up right, but after refreshing it it goes back to the state where the dots are covering parts of the picture…

Thanks

After testing multiple times i could confirm the issue and it seems this is the issue of that widget.

You can just apply background white color to those wrong positioned icons by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

div#lsow-icon-list-3 {
    background: #fff;
}

Thank you Movin! Problem solved!

However, is there any way to reduce the amount of white space beneath the colored dots? So that there is the same amount of white top and bottom on this widget?

Thanks

Hi Movin

Sorry to bother you again! I removed an earlier code from Shapely Options → Other, and now homepage looks like earlier…

Thanks

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hehe. I mean it looks all wrong again. But thanks for the help anyway :slight_smile:

Sorry for nagging. New update:

If I scroll down to the three colored dots so that I can see them and then hit refresh the page refreshes and they align perfectly with everything. However if I refresh without having visual on them and then scroll down they are misaligned with the white space. I can’t make sense out of this…

Thanks

Hi again! I realized there was a conflict between the siteorigin widget that I used and the shapely widget. So I decided to only use siteorigin parallax widget. That sorted everything out!

Thanks!

Awesome great to see you got that sorted out.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!