Widgets in frontpage sections does not get displayed

Hi,

I have set up some content in the widgets section for the frontpage section of our page

But unfortunately it does not get displayed.
Can you help me with this please?

Thanks and best regards,
Patrick

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Kindly answer the following questions:

1. Are you using the latest version of the theme v1.0.13?
  2. Are you using WordPress 4.9?
  3. Recommend plugins have been installed?

Kindly execute the following troubleshooting steps?

• Disable all third party plugins except those recommended for the use of this theme. Clear browser cache and check to see if the widgets display correctly.

Best Regards,
Support.

Hello,
I am having the same problem too
and “Recently Viewed Products” widget disappeared
all happened suddenlly the moment I added number 6th. category ! this is what I noticed

I am using the latest wp and tyche, and no plugins except those recommended by theme

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

When it come to this issue it could be one of the following issue:

1. WordPress needs to be updated.
  2. You need to clear your WordPress cache which can be done with the following plugin:
    WP Super Cache – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
  3. You need to have your hosting provider update your PHP version to one greater than version 5.6.

Best Regards,
Support

I received the same issue with the Tyche + child theme. Solution is fix core file (yes, it’s bad, but I don’t want to mess with recreating widget in the child theme).

File is /tyche/inc/libraries/widgets/widget-tyche-products/class-widget-tyche-products.php, line 159:
You have to replace

<option value="<?php echo esc_attr( $category->name ); ?>" <?php selected( esc_attr( $category->name ), $instance['cats'] ); ?>><?php echo esc_html( $category->name ); ?></option>

with

<option value="<?php echo esc_attr( $category->slug ); ?>" <?php selected( esc_attr( $category->name ), $instance['cats'] ); ?>><?php echo esc_html( $category->name ); ?></option>

After that WP_Query in Tyche_Helper::get_products will return non-empty posts array:

$atts = array(
	'posts_per_page' => isset( $args['posts_per_page'] ) ? $args['posts_per_page'] : 10,
	'post_type'      => 'product',
);

if ( '' !== $args['cats'] ) {
	$atts['product_cat'] = $args['cats'];
}
$posts = new WP_Query( $atts );

Hello @okto,

This is a creative solution but because it was done by editing the core files as you know it can case issues in the future especially when WordPress updates.

Best Regards,
Support