Widgets not working~ :D

Love this theme its just what I needed…after i got everything set up though, i went to fix my widgets as a last step. The Appearance → widget page has the widgets but they won’t expand so i can’t edit them. I can load a widget (text , image) but the widget itself won’t expand so i cant edit it. My java error console says “Missing media widget”. Latest wordpress installation… refreshing the cache doesn’t help. Im stuck with the old widgets that i had from my former theme. Help? Thanks guys its appreciated…pic enclosed

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

I’m going to ask you to execute some troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue.

1. Activate a default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen to see i the issue persist.
  2. Ensure WordPress and all plugins are up to date.
  3. Deactivate any third party plugin, test to see if the issue persists, if it doesn’t, activate them one by one to find plugin causing trouble.

Best Regards,
Support

ok i shoulda done this first but here goes… I deactivated the plugin folder by changing the name, and then i switched to twenty seventeen… i was able to open the text widget with twenty seventeen. Then i reactivated the plugin folder, reloaded the widget page and was able to open the text (and other widgets) while still using 2017 but when i switched back to the theme, the widgets were unresponsive again. m running wordpress 4.8
im wondering if i should reinstall the theme? idk! :smiley: thank you for your help

in the js console with firefox im getting an error: TypeError: wp.mediaWidgets is undefined

Hello there,

Please try disabling the dazzling widgets to see if they are causing the issue here.

Best Regards,
Support

here’s a link to what i think the issue is, possibly… the theme itself isn’t up to date with the latest wordpress which has a visual text editor. the other installations/sites that i run besides this one were successfully able to update with the new text widget layout.

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for providing such detailed information.
Secondly, I was able to replicate the issue you’re having in our test environment.
At the moment there isn’t a resolution for this.
What I’ve done is submitted this is problem to our Github issues.

Please note I can’t provide an ETA for when the issue will be resolved.
You can follow up here https://github.com/puikinsh/illdy/issues/208

We do apologize for the inconveniences being caused by this.

Best Regards,
Support.

Temporarily I am using Classic Text Widget plugin, which works great. Solves two problems at once - One being that the new wordpress text widget with the latest update strips java code, and secondly with this theme, it allows me to edit my widget. Thank you for your support, hopefully it will be resolved soon, because this is a great theme and easy to work with

Hello there,

I am glad that you found a suitable solution.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support