Wordpress 4.7 - additional CSS issue

Hi,

I have Wordpress new release, 4.7, running the Activello theme.
As far as I’ve understood, the Editor CSS is now done on the Appearance tab under Additional CSS but I cannot edit anything nor access my code.

Could you please let me know if this is a known issue or if I need to perform any step to fix this as I need to perform more customization changes to my site?

Thank you.

Hi @tatianamendes,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

No you have to still access the theme Custom CSS option on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @movin,

Many thanks for this! I completely forgot about this.
I was used to the Jetpack plugin Editor CSS and that has disappeared with the new WordPress version.
Still need to find where my precious code is, though!

Thank you.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

You can get Jetpack plugin support on this page https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/jetpack

Hi @movin,

I have managed to find my code prior to wordpress update in one of the files of my database.
I have copied/pasted this into the additional CSS field:
Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS
but by modifying this previous code I cannot see any changes. I am guessing that somewhere my previous code is overriding my recent changes?
Please do let me know if you know any more info. I can privately share my website details.

Thank you.

KR,
Tatiana Mendes

Sure could you please share me your site details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying here so that i can troubleshoot it?

Hi @movin,

Many thanks for your reply and support.

However, I have managed to fix the issue. I had to deactivate my custom css option of the Jetpack plugin, reset all my code to my first version (with no custom in it) and only then did I add my custom code.

So far so good but I am still not able to add any custom CSS through:
Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS
only through:
Do you have any ideas on this?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Tatiana Mendes

This is because currently the theme is not using Additional CSS option but the Custom CSS option of theme so you need to use Custom CSS option of theme.

Hi @movin,

Thank for your response.

Will the theme support this, though?
The new feature of wordpress 4.7 is quite useful as on the same view you can check your history of versions and is also easier to edit the code (currently I have to use an auxiliary program to copy/paste my code; the page is always doing refresh even when adding just a single letter making it a pain).

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Tatiana Mendes

I have requested the theme developer on the following page to add it in the future version of theme and i hope it will be implemented ASAP.

Many thanks @movin.

same issue. this is super confusing and I hope activello just integrates with the new WP core custom css, or at least makes the option less buried.

This is from jetpack support:
The CSS is saved in your database still. You should be able to find all the revisions by searching for posts with the safecss post_title in wp_posts. You should see some posts with the safecss post type, and then a lot of revision post types for each revision.

so you can find those posts through FTP and copy out your css. Even simpler, just use View Source (option command U) on chrome to take a look at any page on your site. The custom CSS from jetpack is loaded into every page at the bottom.

The jetpack css is still active and encapsulated in those safecss posts, so yes you need to deactivate custom css in jetpack (or remove those safecss posts through FTP) before pasting in your CSS to the activello customizer.

or if you are at a finishing point in your code you can just leave it all in there and start new in the activello customizer. But definitely make sure you view source and copy and paste it into a separate doc so you don’t lose your work!

If you were in the middle of something you will have to go back and find those safecss posts, but that’s not too big of a chore.

hope that helps, but also it clearly sucks for such a simple, reliable theme to be in conflict with the wordpress core.

@isaac It is not conflict with WordPress core but it is a new WordPress core functionality which will be implemented in the theme in the future version as said above.