WordPress featured image size and centered for Travelify theme

I know this is a common issue and I’ve done my very best at trying to resolve my problem from the support forum but unfortunately I’m at a loss. I was able to figure out how to get a uncropped version of my featured image added to my post but wasn’t able to center it. Now I’m back to square one…centered but cropped photo. I’m not all familiar with php but will try my very best to follow any instructions given. My first blog ever. Thank you so very much for your assistance and patience. shakerattleandroad.com

To change featured image size for Travelify WordPress theme you should edit this line on functions.php file

add_image_size( 'featured', 670, 300, true );

You can find functions.php file inside Travelify theme folder or by going to Appearance >> Editor >> functions.php

Change these values like this:

add_image_size( 'featured', 968, 9999, true );

Now your featured images will be resized (downsized and not other way around to avoid pixelation) and not cropped and will be displayed in full.

After you have changed these values you will have to run regenerate thumbnails plugin because WordPress doesn’t resize images automatically. But you will have to run this plugin once as you have to regenerate images that are already uploaded and from there on WordPress will take care of your images.