2 questions: featured image and width change

Hello fellows! I’ve got two problems I couldn’t manage by myself, in spite of searching the net and trying a lot… Maybe you’ll help me?

First, I would like to have featured image displayed like it is shown on demo version (below site logo but above the posts) but can’t figure out how to do it… Wordpress support says that I should pick right option in screen options on my dashboard, but there’s no such thing as “featured image”. Does the theme support this option?? Is it possible it doesnt despite the view of the demo? I’m confused.

Second, I want to change proportions between width of main part of the site and the part where widgets are (on the right side, you know, part with all the “about me, follow me, recent posts” etc.). I want to have main page wider and the “widgets part” more narrow, but without changing total width. Should I change something in CSS? What exactly?

I’ll appreciate any help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Iwona

Hi Iwona,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

First, I would like to have featured image displayed like it is shown on demo version (below site logo but above the posts) but can’t figure out how to do it… WordPress support says that I should pick right option in screen options on my dashboard, but there’s no such thing as “featured image”. Does the theme support this option?? Is it possible it doesnt despite the view of the demo? I’m confused.

Yes the theme supports featured images and you can set featured images for the posts as described on the following pages.

http://freewptp.com/tutorials/how-to-set-featured-image-or-post-thumbnail-in-wordpress/

If you want to display slider on your site then tick checkbox " Show Slider" on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Slider Option

Select category from dropdown to use for slider
Make sure you have Featured Images uploaded and added for those Posts.

Second, I want to change proportions between width of main part of the site and the part where widgets are (on the right side, you know, part with all the “about me, follow me, recent posts” etc.). I want to have main page wider and the “widgets part” more narrow, but without changing total width. Should I change something in CSS? What exactly?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

@media (min-width: 992px){
.main-content-inner.col-md-8 {
    width: 70%;
}
#secondary.col-md-4 {
    width: 30%;
}
}

Change the width in the above code to whatever you want to set.

Best Regards,
Movin