A Few 2.0 Bugs

Hi there,

3 things happened when I updated to V2.0 of the Sparkling Theme.

1. All areas (sidebar, blog pictures, blog post size on mobile and computer) got screwy when the plugin ‘Page Expiration Robot’ was activated. (Even though it wasn’t loaded on any theme pages/posts)

2. The black WP dashbar for admins when they’re logged in and viewing their pages (that gives the options to edit that page, see account settings, customize, etc) doesn’t show up on the blog main page (with all my blog posts), or any of the individual post pages - it just shows a coloured bar with no options in my primary color. My homepage I’ve made through OptimizePress so I can see the bar there, and get into it from there, but I’m missing the functionality to just be able to click ‘edit this page’ or ‘post’ from right there.

3. My audio files that were embedded with the WP media player no longer show up. Their download links (attachment to media file) links still work, but the audio player doesn’t show up.

Are any of these fix-able on your end?

Hi @nathalien,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. All areas (sidebar, blog pictures, blog post size on mobile and computer) got screwy when the plugin ‘Page Expiration Robot’ was activated. (Even though it wasn’t loaded on any theme pages/posts)

Do you mean the latest version of the following plugin?

2. The black WP dashbar for admins when they’re logged in and viewing their pages (that gives the options to edit that page, see account settings, customize, etc) doesn’t show up on the blog main page (with all my blog posts), or any of the individual post pages – it just shows a coloured bar with no options in my primary color. My homepage I’ve made through OptimizePress so I can see the bar there, and get into it from there, but I’m missing the functionality to just be able to click ‘edit this page’ or ‘post’ from right there.

I have just tested it on my test site using latest version of Sparkling theme and it worked fine for me without any issue.

Please note that you only get “Edit post” and “Edit page” links in the admin bar when you are on single post or single page and not on posts listings page.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

3. My audio files that were embedded with the WP media player no longer show up. Their download links (attachment to media file) links still work, but the audio player doesn’t show up.

Are you using any WordPress media player plugin to embed?

Could you please tell me a bit more in detail how you are embedding it and please share the page URL from your site where it’s not working so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin