About us page not showing

Hi Ion,

I’m having a problem with my About Us page which is at the top menu bar. Initially, I had content there but then I deleted it because I wanted to move the content to a page in the drop down menu instead of having it appear on the menu bar page. But after deleting the About Us content, the page would just say “ARCHIVES” and “Nothing Found” in the text box.

So then I went back and added an “About Us” page but I still got the “ARCHIVES” and “Nothing Found” message.
I noticed that on the shortlink to the About Us page it shows a strange website. I wondered if this has anything to do with it not showing up. I changed it but the changes don’t save.

Thanks for your help in advance! You’ve helped me so much already.
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Cristian here,you need to edit you page About us in the section Pages so it will show you what you want. And as I can see from you print screen the new page about us that you created is a duplicate from another page, see there where is showed original:shindo world 2.

If you want to create again your page just select from there sample page, not an existent page.

thank you,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

Yes I know that the “About Us” is a duplicate because I deleted the original. I created another About Us page to replace it. But I didn’t understand what you meant by selecting a “sample page”, not an existing page. Can you guide me on how to do that?

For some reason, I noticed one of my attachments wasn’t able to upload the last time apparently because of “security reasons”. Just in case it’s important I’m going to try to attach it again. Regarding that “About Us” page, the “Get the Shortlink” button shows a different address: http://wp.me/P7tMFr-9t. I wondered if it was relevant to the problem too?

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi,

Go in pages, edit your page, and where is showing permalink edit your link to http://www.shindoworld.com/about-us/

thank you,

Cfristian

Hi Christian,

I already edited the page in the Pages section and the permalink was already changed when I posted the last message. You can see it in the the last attachment I posted here.

But I’m not so sure about the “Get shortlink” button. Do I need to put “http://www.shindoworld.com/about-us/” there too? When I try to, it doesn’t save it.

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Could you send us a temporary admin user via a private message?

Thank you,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

To access our site which is private right now you can use the wordpress.com
UN: shindoworld and the PW: MonkeyBiz.com. If it’s not working try wordpress.org login.

Thanks!
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I have made the changes and now the about us is working. Could you rearange the submenu? I think that is the same, but just take a look

Thank you,

Cristian

Hi Christian,

Thank you for getting my About Us page back!

Now, I have a question. I see that my Shindo World page underneath the About Us doesn’t have anything in it and I can’t remember with the changes and problems that I was having with the menu, whether or not I had content on that page or not. When you last accessed the site, do you remember if there was content on the Shindo World page?

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

As far as I could remember, I didn’t click on that page, so I don’t know if it had content :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

I figured out why there’s an empty Shindo World page, so nevermind about that.

Thanks for your help!
Lisa

Hi @lisa1,

I am glad to hear that you solved it.

Thanks,

Cristian