Add clients widget broken(?) & Double page titles

Hi,

I found out about Shapely today, awesome theme I must say.

When I use the Clients widget on the homepage, it does work.
Until I click on the ‘Add’ button and nothing seems happen, so I can’t add multiple clients in to the section.

Second question is;
Is there a way to remove the lower page title?

I know you can achieve it by a display set to none, but then it will hide the blogpost title aswell.

Thanks in advance

Hi @vsglenn,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

When I use the Clients widget on the homepage, it does work. Until I click on the ‘Add’ button and nothing seems happen, so I can’t add multiple clients in to the section. https://gyazo.com/f30e9c2eacd4543b5e2522acb8f35ab5

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Shapely theme as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Have you made any changes in the theme files or using child theme?

Please make sure you are using latest version of Shapely theme.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Second question is; Is there a way to remove the lower page title? https://gyazo.com/07eb2cdf85c8e2158258dc6072afa984

You can achieve this by using the solution posted in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-remove-shapely-theme-heading/#post-51565

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem over here. I already tried deactivating plugins but the issue continues. Is there an updated widget clients file I could replace the existing one?

Many thanks in advance, oblomov8

Hi @oblomov8,

Have you made any changes in the theme files or using child theme?

Please make sure you are using latest version of Shapely theme.

If the issue continues then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I’ve turned off every plugin but it still doesn’t seem to work anymore.
Also, I am not using a child theme and I didn’t edit the code so far.
I checked my CSS code in the options tab for any mistakes, but couldn’t find any.

The current version of the theme which I am using is 1.0.2.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
My project is still local at this point so it won’t be able for you to reach the site.

Regards

@vsglenn

Can you check the JavaScript console for errors when you click on the add button of this widget?

In Chrome go to “Tools -> Developer Tools” and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”

Find information about how to open JavaScript browser console :

Let me know what JavaScript errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

Unfortunately no errors are shown in the console.
Seems like a tough one

Could you please share the screenshot of your web console when you click on the add button of this widget?

Also please tell me which browser and PHP version you are using and try using different browser.

Chrome console:

Firefox Developer Edition console:

These messages already occur when the page is loaded. There aren’t any new errors showing when I click the add button.

I am using the Xampp server for Windows with PHP Version 5.6.19.

Thanks for sharing these valuable information.

It seems the issue is occurring on your site due to old PHP version so please either try using latest version of it which is also described on this page https://colorlibsupport.com/t/error-after-activate/ or download the updated theme from this page https://github.com/puikinsh/shapely and use it on your site.

Hi Movin,

As you can see here, I’ve updated my server to the latest version.

But unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem.
It seems the delete button was broken aswell, still I am able to upload a clientlogo to the first element.

Just to be clear; when I click on the Add and Delete button, nothing seems to happen and no errors were shown.

I haven’t tried to download the theme again, as I’ve downloaded it only 4 days ago.
And what if I downloaded the zip file, do I put it in the theme folder (sounds obvious) and overwrite the theme I am currently using? If so, I reckon I will lose my current development, wouldn’t I?

Thanks in advance

And what if I downloaded the zip file, do I put it in the theme folder (sounds obvious) and overwrite the theme I am currently using? If so, I reckon I will lose my current development, wouldn’t I?

Yes please extract the theme directory from the zip file and install it in the theme folder overwriting the existing theme directory. No you won’t lose any of your content but the changes made in the theme files will be overwritten.

I’ve just done it, doesn’t seem to fix it either…

When I upload the clientlogo, I did find another error

But I don’t think this could be the problem for the actions that are triggerd by clicking the Add/Delete button.

I decided to create a second installation and uploaded the shapely.1.0.2 zip file into WordPress. Then I’ve overwritten the files with the GitHub extract but still no succes.

When I added the widget itself into the widgetpanel, these lines immediately appeared. (see attachment)
As you can see this is a brand new installation with nothing more than the actual widget.

Could you please try using the attached updated shapely theme?

It seems the file is not getting uploaded due to size limit so just try updating the theme file /wp-content/themes/shapely/inc/widgets/widget-home-clients.php with the attached modified file.

I have no idea what happend but my fresh installation make the widget work out of nowhere.
I decided to rebuild the content at the new installation because the problem at my current site still remains.

Anyway,

I do have a working version now but I don’t know how.
Thanks for the support/effort Movin!

========== EDIT ===========

I didn’t notice the post with the attached widget so I haven’t tried it out before I deleted the project. My bad.

Glad it’s working fine for you now :slight_smile:

Is anyone else having trouble deleting the extra logos that are there by default? When I click the delete button, nothing happens.

@auragami Have you tried the solutions posted in this topic https://colorlibsupport.com/t/add-clients-widget-broken-double-page-titles/ ?

If yes and you are still facing the issue then to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.