Adding Author & Category to main blog index meta bar

Hey there guys. I am so loving the Colorlib theme.

Small problem, but kinda bigish (to me) - on single posts, under the title and next to the date posted it lists the Author Name as well as Category, complete with cool little icons.

However, on the main index, posts only show the date under the post title.

I know if there are multiple posting authors it will then list the author name, but I’m a one guy blog and still want to be able to put my name on the posts, since I show them in full on the main index. Categories would be useful too, like on the single posts.

I’ve gone through all the help topics on this forum and scoured the code for how to do this, to no avail. I’m not a PHP whiz, but looking for 1. what section and 2. what code, I enter to make the front page have those single post elements.

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

1. You are right and author name is hidden by default for single author blog setup. To make it visible again you can simply add this code to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS.
.byline {
	display: inline;
}
  1. To show categories on blog page you can use this code:
<?php
	/* translators: used between list items, there is a space after the comma */
	$categories_list = get_the_category_list( __( ', ', 'sparkling' ) );
	if ( $categories_list && sparkling_categorized_blog() ) :
?>
<span class="cat-links"><i class="fa fa-folder-open-o"></i>
	<?php printf( __( ' %1$s', 'sparkling' ), $categories_list ); ?>
</span>
<?php endif; // End if categories ?>

You need to add this code inside content.php file that you can find inside Sparkling theme folder.

Inside that file find this line and add my above mentioned code above it:

<?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', 'sparkling' ), '<i class="fa fa-pencil-square-o"></i><span class="edit-link">', '</span>' ); ?>

Now you should see categories on blog page as well.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.