Additional Text in Header

Hello,

I would like to center some text at the top of the header in CSS. I tried the following, but it did not work:

/* Top Banner */
.site-branding::before {
color: #000000;
content: “Site best viewed in GOOGLE CHROME, FIREFOX or OPERA.”;
font-size: 16px;
font-weight: 500;
font-style: italic;
line-height: 43px;
max-width: 100%;
opacity: .7;
padding: 2px;
text-align: center;
width: 100%;
}

(I have to resort to this as no solution has been found yet as to why my sites no longer work in Safari.)

Hey there

@lindadarlene please provide a link to the page where you want to do this

(Thank you for removing that other post.)

The sites are the same ones you’re working on with my other post. One of them is:

I wish to put the message at the very top of the page.

Thank you, as always for your time.

Hey there

its contolled by one of your css code, modify it to this and check again:

@media (min-width: 768px){
.site-description {
margin-top: 33px;
}
}

Thanks

Thanks again for trying. It was not clear which CSS code you wanted me to modify.

The code you provided seems to only lower the site description. However, I want to put the message ABOVE the site title.

Hi

Ok, sorry but please give me a reference or screenshot which text you want to move/center and where exactly, the question is not clear, you want to center text in the header but looks like we are not calling things with the same name :slight_smile:

No problem. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Attached is an example from another site (different theme). Please try this on the site that is now causing me the most problems. chicagospiritualseekers.org

Thanks so much.

Hi

You can control it by this css code:

h1.site-title a {
position: relative;
top: -30px;
}

Oh, I wished that I had worked. I’m attaching another sample of what I’m needing. See the red text. I want to add a message ABOVE the site title:

And I’m not sure that the CSS I provided at the beginning of this discussion will work in this theme.

Thank you for continuing to try. I KNOW there is a solution. :slight_smile:

Oh, I actually don’t need to place a message above the site title anymore. I fixed the problem that caused me to want to. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time. Though, sometime in the future, I just might want to place a message above the site title. :slight_smile:

Nice to hear your problem is already resolved :slight_smile:

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions

Thanks!