Adjusting height in Activello's slider

Hello!

I’ve been searching through the Internet a solution to my issue. I’ve read couple of information from thread boards, but there’s still a little problem.
I’m using Activello theme together with Jetpack plugin with Photon turned on. I saw the difference in hight of slider when I turned off Photon. Unfortunatelly I need Jetpack and its Photon because I really like those mosaic galleries and how they automatically set all uploaded photos. Is there any way to use Jetpack together with Activello slider and have pictures bigger than those on my site. If you swith to mobile devices, all my photos presented on slider are even smaller.
Maybe there is a short code for it or other solution. I’ve tried your plugin “Colorib plugin” which changes height as well as width but it didn’t fix my issue.
My website url is http://ulotnefoto.pl/
I have read a few answers similar to my problem, but still no satisfactory results.

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Unfortunately, with this setup, there isn’t really much that we can do. Disabling photon is usually the solution to the issue. Any changes to the height will require changes to the width, which is essentially what the Colorlib Plugin does, and if I was to use CSS to change the height of the slider images, then the image would look really stretched since it’s already at its max height.

I guess at this point, the best thing to do would be to attempt to get a similar plugin to photon and then try to disable photon and see if that works.

Sorry about that.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. To sum up, there’s no way of using Activello theme and Jetpack Photon simultaneously, right?
Can you recommend any similar plugin that will set my gallery so nicely as Jetpack did?
I’m not going to change Activello theme for sure, because it serves me really well as I have all I need there. On the other hand, I’d like my galleries to look nicely adjust to mosaic style.

Best regards,

raven747m

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Did you start having this image size issue right after updating?

If that’s the case, then you may want to try the fix we found for fixing image sizes. This doesn’t sound like the exact same issue, however, it sounds pretty similar.

Kindly install and activate the child theme attached below and see if that solves the image size issues.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

There’s a problem during installation of your activello-child-6. I have notification as follow:
“A package couldn’t be installed. Right,prepared plugins couldn’t be found.Installation failed.” it’s my own translation, because I have Polish version of WP.
Can you help me?

Btw. I used" Tiled Galleries Carousel Without Jetpack " and it did the thing with mosaic galleries so I fixed it myself.
Still there’s a problem with resolution of a slider for mobile devices, it’s too small, and larger screen resolution let say monitors 25’’. I guess it’s got a problem with responsiveness.
Thanks for any solution so far.

Hello,

There was a little misunderstanding. It’s probably due to lack of sleep, sorry. I should upload a child theme in themes section but I didn’t. I’ll try that out and I’ll let you know if that fixed my problems.
Sorry for inconvenience.

I’ve tried your child theme, no visible change…
There’s a thing with adjusting height to mobile devices and larger screen.

Hi Support!

Is my topic closed?
I haven’t heard from you for few days?
Is there any way we can solve it?
Please answer my last comments.

Best regards,

Raven747m

Hello

Here’s a link

to how my slider looks like in other screen resolution.
Your solution works fine, but I would like to set or re-set certain value so my slider pictures fit the screen width on any screen resolution. Is it possible?

Best regards,

raven747m

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

I’ve managed to set the slider to about 600px. Anything above that will make the image look stretched, so you’ll probably need to use images that are a little wider than the ones you have now if you want them to be any taller.

Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.flexslider {
    height: 600px!Important;
}

.flexslider .slides img {
    max-height: 600px!important;
}

.flexslider .slides {
}

img.attachment-activello-slider.size-activello-slider.wp-post-image {
}

li.flex-active-slide {
}

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

I uploaded images for slider only with a resolution 3000x2000px, and I added you CSS code, and again I used plugin regenerateThumbnails to refresh every image and I checked it on http://quirktools.com/screenfly/ with resolution full HD 1920x1080 (23" Monitors) but there’s still large margin on both sides so slider doesn’t adjust, stretch.
Thank you for all effort so far. It looks pretty good on resolution 1366x768px but wider and mobile phones still the same.

Best regards

raven747m

Alright, so after applying your CSS code, my slider images were unnaturally stretched, so it didn’t looked good.
I decided to delete your code and clear whole history of the browser, so now it fits 1920x1080 screen resolution.
I’ m not sure if there is a possibility of larger slider on smartphones. I’m not sure if it was so stretched as it was after applying your code. I’m thinking of media queries, isn’t better to make this slider responsive by media queries?

Best regards,

raven747m