An Easier Way - basics Unite WordPress theme setup

Hi,

I just downloaded Unite for a client, because it is absolutely beautiful. I was disappointed to see that to achieve the symmetry and beauty of the sites in your demo requires knowledge of CSS. Though I’ve been working on websites for years, I know nothing about CSS, and have no idea how to put in all the codes that I have read about in this forum. It seems everything that I want to do requires a change from the default.

Is there no easier way?

For theme demo we haven’t used a single line of custom CSS, HTML or PHP. It is just how it looks by default.

For example you are using blog on the front page but we are using a static page on front page that you can select via WordPress Dashboard >> Settings >> Reading.

Please start by reading WordPress official documentation and watch all related videos about it because you need to get your basics going from WordPress side before you can start working with any WordPress theme out there.

I’m sorry, I guess I worded my question wrong, and was not clear.

I’ve been working on various websites since 2009, but for some reason this theme didn’t “seem” to have the functionality I am used to. I had printed out and read all the documentation I could find, and looked at a few videos.

I finally found answers to my dilemma in your forum, but all of your answers required that I put some kind of coding somewhere. You used the word CSS, but I don’t know “how” and where to put it. Below are the things I wanted to do.

To Title themes
post-22 .page-header {
display: none;
}

The Center the Logo
You can center website logo for Unite WordPress theme by adding this simple CSS to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS
.site-branding.col-md-6 {
width: 100%;
text-align: center;
}

Remove Right Side Bar
#secondary {
}

.pull-left {
float: none !important;
margin: auto;
}

Header Theme to Cover the Entire Area
.site-branding.col-md-6 {
width: 100%;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
.site-description {
}

I hope this is clearer. I guess I could ask my host to do this for me, but as I do more work on the site for my client, I might find more that I need to do.

All code should be added to WordPress dashboard >> Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS. No need to contact your hosting provider as this is not their responsibility.

Thank you. We have come full circle, with CSS again.

Sadly, I will have to change the client’s desired theme as it just doesn’t have the ease of functionality that I am used to. Beautiful theme though.

If it’s not a secret, what kind of service do you offer?

The client offers videos and lectures on a variety of spiritual topics. I don’t have the content yet, so I’m not aware of their full scope.

By the way, miraculously a home button showed up. Not sure why it just appeared after I tried switching themes. Strange. We all love “Unite”, so maybe we can keep it.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Well, I’m nothing if not persistent. I finally figured out what you were trying to tell me before. I kept at it because I love the Unite theme so much. So far, I’ve managed to do everything I wanted to do. I do see where that CSS code goes now.

Thank you so much!!! :slight_smile:

I’m glad I could help :slight_smile: