apostrophes, YouTube video, and section headers

I just installed the Illdy theme last night and I like it, but I have a few problems.

1. When I am logged in to my site, the section headers (SERVICES, TEAM, etc.) all show up but, once I log out, they disappear. The section text is still there, but the headers are gone.

2. I can’t figure out how to embed YouTube videos. I’m using Jetpack so I usually just have to include the link on a line by itself and there it is. When I do that here on my landing page, I just see the link displayed.

3. I can’t seem to include apostrophes. If I include an Illdy widget under services, and say “You don’t always need video” what gets displayed is “You don & #039 ; t always need video”

I’m attaching a pair of screenshots that show what I’m seeing.

Hello @mclarkson,

You need to go through every field that is not displaying the information and change it with your own custom information before you Save & Publish the Customizer again.
In other words, you need to re-save the information that is missing with new content.

Since the theme is using the customizer to get all the information there will be some limitations for the JetPack, that’s used mostly to handle the testimonials.

The easiest workaround for the videos would be to add a text widget instead of the dedicated section widget and use the youtube embed code. You might need here to use some css to make the #section .text-widget go for full 100% width.

Lastly, because PHP see that kind of apostrophes as part of the code there’s some fallback security measures. The easiest workaround would be to use other type of character, like this one:

Let me know if you got everything alright.

Regards

Thanks so much for your response. It hadn’t occurred to me that, if I wanted to leave the ABOUT section with that name, I would need to edit the text.

I don’t understand how to implement your YouTube suggestion, though. The link is currently on my landing page, which is picked up by the JumboTron. I don’t see how to replace it with a custom widgit. If I add a custom text widgit to, say, the ABOUT section it just displays the YouTube link as text.

Hello,

You should use the embed code of the youtube video in the text editor (see attachment)

Let me know if you got it alright

Thank you.

Hello, I have the same problem - the section headers are not visible for users. I tried to change the text of section headers and save them, but it did not help. Please, advise how to solve this problem.

Thank you very much.

Hello @temoboostart,

To avoid injecting default information as live content, the demo content only serves as guideline to set up your own widgets information.

All the demo content needs to be re-saved/modified/custom/replaced and re-saved to appear on the website while not logged in the Dashboard.

Replacing the missing content with new one will regenerate it on the live website, 100% of the similar previous issues got resolved by adding full new content.

Let me know if you got this alright, otherwise please create a dedicated forum post with more information and we’ll continue from there.

Regards