Arranging Front Page Layout for Illdy WordPress Theme

Is there a way to adjust the sections? For example, I would like to move testimonials down and services up… but there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to rearrange it.

hello!? Is anyone here?

I have the same question.

i figured it out tricia… go into your editor… click front-page.php… edit this

if( $about_general_show == 1 ): get_template_part( 'sections/front-page', 'about' ); endif;
if( $projects_general_show == 1 ):
	get_template_part( 'sections/front-page', 'projects' );
endif;

if( $services_general_show == 1 ):
	get_template_part( 'sections/front-page', 'services' );
endif;

if( $latest_news_general == 1 ):
	get_template_part( 'sections/front-page', 'latest-news' );
endif;

if( $counter_general_show == 1 ):
	get_template_part( 'sections/front-page', 'counter' );
endif;

if( $team_general_show == 1 ):
	get_template_part( 'sections/front-page', 'team' );
endif;

if( $testimonials_general_show == 1 ):
get_template_part( ‘sections/front-page’, ‘testimonials’ );
endif;

if( $contact_us_general_show == 1 ):
	get_template_part( 'sections/front-page', 'contact-us' );
endif;

endif;

rearrange how you like

hope this helps!

Hi guys,

although the above solution is viable, you should only implement these kind of changes in child themes. If you’re not sure what child themes are, here’s a link to the official WordPress documentation on creating child themes: Child Themes « WordPress Codex

By using Child Themes, you’ll make sure your custom code changes don’t get lost in an future theme update.

Thanks,
Colorlib Support.

Hi.
I rrealy need to change the section order in my template. Pegasus, can you explain in waht part of the php file should I paste de code that you provide? thanks

mariana,
the child theme would look something like this:

• child-theme-name (a folder, whatever name you want)
    • style.css (where you define the child theme name and that is a child of Illdy, and some CSS overrides)
    • front-page.php (which is the file you may want to edit, re-arranging the sections pegasus said above)

Once you upload those files, go to your admin panel and activate the theme.

WARNING: Keep in mind, all the settings you changed in Customization will be set to their defaults; ie. if you changed the company logo in the Illdy settings, when you activate your child theme, you must do it again. For WordPress, since it has another name, it’s a different theme

Just noticed, this theme’s latest version allows rearranging of front-page sections directly in Customizer; no need of the above