Hi. I confess I’m a newbie here. I just installed the Unite theme in my empty wordpress. And I like it. Then I moved to configure a slider for the homepage, with no results.
I mean I followed these steps:
5. Setup Featured Slider For Homepage
Unite theme for image slider relies on CPT Bootstrap Carousel. It is a Bootstrap based slider which is specially styled for this theme, however, you can feel free to use any slider.
- Install CPT Bootstrap Carousel if you haven’t already.
- Add new Carousel via WordPress dashboard – Carousel – Add New.
- The main thing here is to properly set Title, Featured Image and Content itself as it will be shown in slider.
- You can create as many slides as you want and point them to any Post/Page or any other external resource by setting “Image URL” in the right side of the Carousel Edit Screen.
- Now copy paste this [image-carousel twbs=“3”] shortcode into any Post/Page to display all previously created slides.
- For mode advanced setup and multiple slider setup you can refer to Plugin Documentation.
In others words I installed the CPT bootstrap carousel and I followed the instruction provided, but I could not figure out how to make it work. I created the new carousel and added [image-carousel twbs=“3”] in the text editor of a page… nothing happens.
So it not as simple as described in the above point number 5? Do I need to download others plugins?
Which one? How? Why?
Please, could someone provide clear, detailed, step by step instruction for a big noob such me on how to set up properly the slider in the home page of a “unite” theme?
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.