Beginner Portfolio and Header Problems

Good evening to the team @ Shapely

I have decided to move over to your theme from the one I had. I hear good things about your theme.

I am trying to make a simple, sleek, minimalist, dark website, the can show my work.

I would like a straight forward website. The top should have a photo with a short text in parallax.

Below this there should be an embedded video showing my showreel.

Below this, my portfolio showing past projects.

Below this a contact form.

Then on each “individual project page” there is an embedded video and a short text.

That’s it. However, I have the following 8 problems with your theme. Perhaps you could be as kind as to offer me some advice?

1. Site Identity
    How can I change the header background colour to black?

2. Site Identity
    How can I remove the “Add a menu” button and the “search magnifying glass”?

3. [Shapely] Parallax Section For FrontPage
    How can I change the font that rolls up over the main image. It if difficult to read against some of the image. Can I add a dark colour to these sentences: “Cathal Ó Cuaig is an award-winning filmmaker with…”. Is it possible to add like a dark grey text box behind the writing?

4. How can I centre the embedded video? It keeps alleging to the left, although I have selected centre alignment. I refer here to the "Showreel Video link to Vimeo:.

5. Portfolio: How can I change the padding to zero between the grid images?
    I would like the portfolio to look clean and seamless. No gaps between the feature images on the portfolio page.

I used this CSS to help a little, but it was not enough.

.masonry-item {
padding: 0px;
}
section {
padding-top: 1px !important;
padding-bottom: 1px !important;
}

1. How can I have a contact form at the bottom that can be seen when the background is black? I tried to put one in, but cannot see it.

2. Posts/Individual Project Pages
    How can I remove the feature image on each individual page. I would like to only have the video link on the page, not the feature image. It is not needed. The thumbnail for the video link is usually my feature image anyways.

3. How can I make the page look good on tablets and mobile phones? The portfolio does not appear at all on an iPhone and on the iPad the lead image disappears.

I look forward to your tips.

Regards,

I forgot the add the website!!!

Sorry.

It is

www.cathalocuaig.com

Thanks

Hey there

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

Please avoided to put so many questions into one ticket, split hem instead into two tickets.

1. Use this CSS code:
nav {
    background-color: rgb(0 0 0);
}

.module.widget-handle {display:none}

.top-parallax-section h3 {
    font-family: 'circular';
}
.wp-block-embed iframe {
    margin: 0 auto;
    display: block;
}
  1. they already have padding 0, can you show a screenshot?

2. there is no contact form at the bottom, you need to place it and then we can modify it by custom CSS

3. Please provide URL of the single blog post

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you for the replies. I will make new tickets for each individual issue from now on. My apologies. I thought it would be easier in one ticket.

Hi there

Its easier when there is 3-4 question in the ticket :smiley:

Regards