Blew up functions.php

Hi, I added this code to functions.php …

<?php if ( function_exists(‘yoast_breadcrumb’) ) {
yoast_breadcrumb(’<p id=“breadcrumbs”>’,’</p>’);
} ?>

and it returned this error …

in /home/moore4mu/public_html/lutwychemedicalcentre.com.au/wp-content/themes/sparkling/functions.php on line 284

I removed the code but the error remained.

I downloaded a fresh functions.php but error remained.

Any clues how I can fix? Thanks.

1. You didn’t have to put that function in functions.php file but in the place where you wanted breadcrumbs to appear. Most likely somewhere inside content.php, content-single.php, content-page.php or elsewhere.

2. You are also using W3 Total Cache but you have completely misconfigured minify settings. Make sure to disable it. Your website layout is completely messes up. Ad website administrator you see that everything is correct but try to logout and you will see completely different picture.

I don’t see any errors in frontpage. But you definitely had to replace the entire functions.php file in this case. If not, try to reinstall the theme.

Thanks for the reply Aigars.

I replaced the functions.php and all good now.

I followed the instructions for W3 Total Cache so I’m surprised it’s wrong.

Thanks for pointing it out. I have disabled it.

Thanks again for such an outstanding theme.

W3 Total Cache is great plugin and you can keep it enabled but the only problem was with minify settings that combines files together. Disable that and leave all other options enabled and you will get noticeable performance boost from using this plugin even without this “Minify” part.