Blog post time line

Currently on the main page, the theme posts the two most recent posts as large and the rest smaller. Would it be possible to have three large posts instead of two?

I discuss three different categories on my blog. I was wondering would it be possible to have the most recent post in each category as the larger posts on the front page as opposed to the most recent posts in general. i.e the first post travel, the second, movies the third tech etc.

Website www.dearpasserby.com

Hi @christinam,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Currently on the main page, the theme posts the two most recent posts as large and the rest smaller. Would it be possible to have three large posts instead of two?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

@media (min-width: 768px){

body.blog #main.page-1 article.post:nth-child(3) {
    width: 100%;
    float: left;
    clear: left;
    padding-right: 25px !important;
}

body.blog #main.page-1 article.post:nth-child(3) .post-inner-content{
  border-bottom: 1px solid #dedede;
  margin-bottom: 30px;
}

.blog.home article.post:nth-child(3)  .read-more, .blog.home article.post:nth-child(3)  .entry-footer {
    display: block;
}

.blog.home #main article.post:nth-child(odd) {
    clear: none;
    padding-right: 0 !important;
    padding-left: 25px !important;
}

.blog.home #main article.post:nth-child(2n+2) {
    clear: left;
    padding-right: 25px !important;
}
.blog.home #main article.post:nth-child(even) {
    padding-left: 0 !important;
}
.blog.home .page-1 article.post:nth-child(3) .post-inner-content {
    padding: 50px 0;
    }

.blog.home .page-1 article.post:nth-child(2) .post-inner-content{
        padding: 50px 0;
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

}

I discuss three different categories on my blog. I was wondering would it be possible to have the most recent post in each category as the larger posts on the front page as opposed to the most recent posts in general. i.e the first post travel, the second, movies the third tech etc.

You have to develop custom code to achieve this.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best Regards,
Movin

that’s great thanks the only thing is the third blog post does not have the “read more” option at the bottom. Could you also reduce the padding for the third post.

Thank you so much for your help

I edited the previously shared CSS code to make it work so please try using it.

I tried using the code again and it is not having any effect now. Do you know how to resolve this? thanks

Christina

I visited your shared site but don’t see the provided CSS code on it.

It seems you are using WP-Super-Cache plugin so please try clearing cache from this plugin or temporary deactivating it so that the provided CSS code will be inserted in your website.

I have disabled Wp super cache.
thanks

Yes and now i can see three large posts on your site home page.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: