Blog sidebar missing

I’m having a problem I can’t solve. When displaying a blog entry, the widget sidebar is missing.
I’ve made a clean Wordpress installation, with Newspaper-x as the only theme, with no modifications, but it still doesn’t work.
When I import the widgets, however, some widgets are imported as inactive because it says that widget area is not available in the theme. They’re imported as “orphaned_widgets_1”.

I’m adding a screenshot as example.

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:

Looks like checking several things in the backend is necessary, please send me your access credentials along with your website URL and I will investigate this case.

Don’t forget to mark your reply as private!

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

I’m sorry, but that’s not possible. This is a local installation I’ve made to test and tweak the site before we deploy it live. I cannot give you access to my computer in this way.
Can you give a list of things to check or some orientation of what may the problem be?
Thanks!

Hi there

Well, it’s a little bit hard to investigate it on the localhost servers,
First of all, I would check the version of the theme, compatibility to the other third-party plugins
When do you plan to upload it online?

I’m sorry, but I’m not going to deploy it live until I can fix this. I do like your theme but I need to be able to trust it will work correctly.

I’ve found the cause of the problem. The sidebar disappears when I set the language to es_ES. It works if I use es_AR or es_MX but not using es_ES. And this is a problem since it’s a Spanish site and I need to use es_ES.

I’m using WordPress 5.3.2 and Newspaper X 1.3.1. I’ve tried deactivating all plugins and it still doesn’t work.

Is there something else I can try?

Thanks!

Hi there

Ok, in this case, you have to check your language settings, because if sidebars are working on in one language then it’s obviously language setup issue
Uploading site online does not means it will be live for everyone, you can implement coming soon plugin to hide it until publish. Published sites are easy to support

Well, I found a workaround. I deleted everything and reinstalled Wordpress but in English instead of Spanish. Then, after installing the theme and the plugins, I switched the language to es_ES and now it works perfectly. So the problem happens when Wordpress is installed first in es_ES. If it’s installed in English and then switch, it works. Don’t know why, but I hope it helps someone.

Thanks for everything!

I stand corrected. The workaround seemed to work at first, but it stopped on reload. The sidebar is not appearing again :((

Hi Andromeda

In this case, try to use some third party plugins for adding a sidebar, or you have to upload your website somehow on the web