Blog Summaries Not Working

I have set up a Blog page and have selected “Summary” under Settings/Reading. Shouldn’t that display blog post summaries on the Blog page instead of the full blog post? It is displaying each blog post in its entirety down the page. What am I missing?

Please advise…

UPDATE: After looking into it more, I guess I need to use the “Read More” feature in the post?

UPDATE 2:

My “Read More” is not displaying. I saw in a preview ticket where someone else had this problem, you asked them to add this CSS code:

body.home a.more-link {
display: block;
color: #DA4453;
}

I added the code and saved/published, but I still don’t see it. I DO see the red Read More button and […] in the customize preview mode but not when I look at it live.

Thoughts?

UPDATE 3:

Ok, when I look at my Blog page in Customize/Preview Mode, all of the post excerpts look great along with the Read More buttons, without having to add <!–more–> to the code. However, when I look at the Blog page live, it doesn’t show excerpts at all, it shows the entire blog post one after the other.

Now, if I add <!–more–> to the post, it will force an excerpt but doesn’t show the Read More button.

I hope that helps.

Well, I unchecked and rechecked the Show Post Excerpts option and now the excerpts are working and the red Read More button is showing. But I tried adding the custom CSS to change the text of the button and it’s not working…

Hi @bobshehan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Well, I unchecked and rechecked the Show Post Excerpts option and now the excerpts are working and the red Read More button is showing.

Glad it’s working for your now :slight_smile:

But I tried adding the custom CSS to change the text of the button and it’s not working…

You can try changing it by using the solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/change-read-more-button-text-and-color/

Best Regards,
Movin