Bloglovin' and Email social icon

Hi,

I’ve been following along with two separate forum posts I found on here and have tried to copy the instructions so that I can have an envelope with a link to my email address, and a heart with a link to my Bloglovin’.

However, neither icons have appeared.

I have added put the text in screenshot 1 into the menu items, and added the code in screenshot 2 to the Activello Options → Other → Custom CSS file.

My other social icons have shifted across as if the new ones are there, but there’s no picture just f003 or f004 (see screenshot 3).

Thanks for your help, it’s so appreciated!

Alice

Hi Alice,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please try using the following plugin to use CSS on your site?

If it still doesn’t work for you then could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks, I’ve installed it - should I delete the CSS from the Activello Options CSS editor or keep it there and copy and paste it into the new plug in too?

My site is www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk

Thanks,

Alice

Hi Movin,

I’ve tried both - with both the Activello and the new CSS editor (see new screenshot) and also just the new CSS editor on it’s own with the code.

However, I’m still just getting the f003 and f004 instead of symbols?

Was the menu code in the first screenshot on the top message correct?

Thanks,

Alice

The shared code is correct but just the forward slash in the code is not getting saved in your site therefore the icons are not displaying.

If i just add the forward slash then it is working on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

You have to user either option to add CSS code in your site.

You can also use the following plugin if that plugin is not working for you.

Sorry, can you explain what I need to amend and where?

thanks,

Alice

I’ve just deleted and re-added in the \ and it’s worked! Don’t know why it didn’t before!

I’ve got one more question to ask but I’ll start a new thread, sorry there’s been so many, I really appreciated your help though!

Thanks,

Alice

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: