Blurry and low quality Images

Hallo dear! How are you? First I wish you a very nice weekend.

I’m having a problem, when I create galleries using svg files the images don’t appear. Do you know what maybe causing it?

I saved the link you gave me about speeding up my wordpress. As soon I change the images I will study that.

Kisses

Good morning dear irina

thank you for weekend wishes and wish you a great week :slight_smile:
Can i see the result? i need a direct link to the page, have you enabled svg file types in WordPress? are you able to upload them?

Hallo dear, how’s your monday going?

So this is the link:
the gallery is there I can see in the edition mode but not published.

I have a plugin it is SVG Support

The images are uploaded, they’re functional as you can see here

They just don’t appear in the published gallery.
Attached

1. Edition mode
  2. Published mode

Kisses

The LINK

How I edit my posts here? Hahaha

Good morning Irina :slight_smile:

Monday is always a good start of the week :smiley:

hm, the reason why svg is not working is that they are not loading on the frontend, let’s take this one example:
The direct link is not working, this means plugin does not work well to enable svg support or, there is a restriction from your hosting company to not load svg files

Hallo! I hope you’re fine. So I need to ask my hosting company to allow my svg files to load? That’s it? To turn off the restriction? That will solve the issue, right? Just to know what exactly I need to ask them. They have a habit of always saying that it’s ALL okay so they don’t have to do a thing… I’m moving to my boss server very soon.

Kisses

Hallo again! By the way in case it isn’t my hosting (I bet it is) I found another solution without using a plugin, adding this to my functions.php

function add_file_types_to_uploads($file_types){
$new_filetypes = array();
$new_filetypes[‘svg’] = ‘image/svg+xml’;
$file_types = array_merge($file_types, $new_filetypes );
return $file_types;
}
add_action(‘upload_mimes’, ‘add_file_types_to_uploads’);

That will solve the issue if it isn’t my hosting restriction?

Kisses
Where are you? I’m in Portugal, 9:19 am here.

Good evening dear Irina

So, is your problem resolved now? i still can’t see SVG images on your website
I would recommend this plugin for your to enable SVG files:

Source

Irina can fix this svg problem if you allow me to enter in your dashboard, in this case use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box 
otherwise, you see you are pretty good with this stuff :slight_smile:

p.s. im from Georgia (country) and its 9:20 pm here right now :slight_smile:

Hallo Dear. We have a difference of 3 hours :D. Installing the plugin to give you access right now. Gimme a few minutes and I’ll be back.

Kisses

Can you gimme your email? I need to open your account.

Kisses

Hallo! Hope you’re having a nice day. Already installed and activated the plugin.

Soooo since I didn’t have your email and I needed one to create your account in my website I opened one in my domain for you hahaha.

I don’t know what files you’ll be working but PLEASE if it is in my functions or something like that PLEASE PLEASE do it in my child theme, So I don’t loose the improvements you’ll work in the next update. I’ll be here if you need me.

Kisses and more kisses

I forgot!

I have this svg plugin activated SVG Support SVG Support – Plugin WordPress | WordPress.org Portugal

Maybe you want to deactivate so it doesn’t mess with your changes.

Kisses

Good morning dear Irina

please check again your testing page, this is the css code i added in the additional css at the bottom:

/Added by noda/
.page-id-12241 .gallery figure {
float: left;
display: contents;
}

Yet, the code will work only on this page (i dont wanted to distribute it for all pages)

following you on FB
have a good day

Hallo dear. It worked the images are appearing but it has a few problems:

a) is displaying only one image per column (some galleries I have four, three or two images per column)
b) if I change the size to medium for example the images won’t appear
c) the captions aren’t showing

The code for my gallery captions is

.gallery-caption {
background-color: rgba(19,22,42, 0.9);
-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
box-sizing: border-box;
color: #fff;
font-size: 12px;
line-height: 1.5;
margin: 0;
max-height: 50%;
opacity: 0;
padding: 6px 8px;
position: absolute;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
text-align: center;
width: 100%;
}

If you can fix that when you have the time, I’ll use the code (changing the gallery ID) in the other pages where I have galleries.

Kisses and have a nice day. I added you on FB and visited your page.

Good morning dear

Irina, this might be one of your plugins, can’t believe you have 34 active plugin… this is not good for speed and performance, how they are working without conflicts :slight_smile:
Is there any chance we cant deactivate them to check plugin conflicts with default gallery? this is a WordPress default gallery and it should work for sure

Hallo dear, how are you? Hahaha, no one ever told me that (about the plugins) and yesterday I installed more 5 yesterday following the tutorial to improve website velocity.

Well I removed all plugins I could (10), I’m for shure two were monsters the Mooberrybooks and WP Recipe Maker.

Now I have 24 but I need them, not shure If I need those 2:

Google XML Sitemaps
HTML5shiv

If I use jetpack I can get rid of more 4:

Contact form 7
Cookie notice
Social media
YouTube Embed

BUT everytime I use jetpack it changes all the appearence on my website.

I’ve desactived all plugins (the remaining) and left only the svg support but the gallery stills the same, not responding to the columns and the personalizes css so it can’t be conflict.

In the edition mode it has the columns I choose but not in the published mode. (attached images)

The support from SVG plugin said the wordpress gallery doesn’t support svg thats why I need a code so the images appear and that I need a code for the columns and the captions style.

Kissessssssssssssss

Good morning and happy Monday Irina

Ok, I see the changes :slight_smile:
one last problem you have right now is the thing that jetpack is caching your svg images from their server, i cant reach jetpack settings to disable this function, so, this is something for you :slight_smile: just disable function to load images from jetpack server,
p.s. if you switch your page from visual to html you will see there is a broken image tag along with the gallery shortcode, leave only one of them

Hallo dear! How are you? Sorry about the delay I was out. So I found this option actived in my jetpack:

1. Load pages faster by allowing Jetpack to optimize your images and serve your images and static files (like CSS and JavaScript) from our global network of servers. Enable site accelerator

Speed up image load times / Speed up static file load times

I desactivated it. I left the lazy loading on. I turn that off, as well?

1. Lazy-loading images will improve your site’s speed and create a smoother viewing experience. Images will load as visitors scroll down the screen, instead of all at once.

But I can’t find the broken image tag along with the gallery shortcode (1st page).

Can you test my menu square button? It isn’t opening the menu. Don’t know why. And my slider isn’t passing the images. It was all fine when I went to sleep.

Kissesss and a lot of hugs

Good evening

Ok, i did make some changes and please check your site :slight_smile:

Hallooo and good morning. I wish you a very nice day at work.

I’ve already created all my svg galleries and I think they’re working like a charm. Some still appearing in one column like in this page

Since the code is the same, it maybe cache from my browser but I already cleaned it a few times, and also the website cache.

I’m seeing it in two ways
Chrome, with just one column (it is happening with more than one gallery)
Firefox, no images at all

I checked the code and it is alright. And my Menu stopped working again. I don’t know if it is a problem from the plugin. I could use the original wordpress menu but I don’t know why it does not appear in mobiles.

Hugs!