blurry featured images in some browsers - chrome, safari, edge

Hi,
I still have problem with blurry featured images especially on home page. All works fine on Firefox, but on Chrome, Safari and Edge images are not sharp. I have cleared cache in wordpress and in all browsers too.

My featured images dimensions are 1170 x 550 or proportionately 1155 x 543 (different camera) or 770 x 370 if cropped from vertical images…It worked fine before last upadate.

What am i to do? change dimensions in functions.php, wordpress settings or maybe sth else…

Pls take a look, to compare, that meta slider I use is sharp and post images are not…

best wishes,
Beata

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

The issue is with how Chrome renders the images.
Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

img {
  image-rendering: auto;
  image-rendering: crisp-edges;
  image-rendering: pixelated;
}

Here’s an article with some more information on the issue.

Here’s an article that co

Best Regards,
Support

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
thank you,
i’ve paste this code to my additional css, no changes:(
maybe I should paste it to child theme css?
maybe there’s need to change image dimensions in my child function.php or sth

pls give me a link to article about this issue - there was no link previous mail:(

I really would like to know why this had happened, what have you changed with latest update…maybe there’s possibility to restore it:)

I don’t think is the issue how chrome (or other browsers) renders images, because all was fine before,

best wishes,
Beata

Hey there.

Yes, try pasting it in the child theme css.
Here’s the article: image-rendering | CSS-Tricks
I used it on your site using a CSS browser too, try adding the !important rule before the semi-colon.

Could you verify when this issue starting happening? Was it with theme, WordPress or browser update?

Best Regards,
Support.

Hi,
first problem with blurriness appeared on May 19th, and as I remember it was a day of wordpress update and theme update too. On May 20th or 21st all were fixed,

And then happened again on June 30th and images are still blurry.

This problem concerns main pages - in posts images are sharp…

yesterday I took a look at some pages based on activello theme and think that problem with chrome affects them all (more or less) - it depends on the subject of images and it’s really vivid with culinary ones with so many details…

have a good day!
Beata

Hey there,

Thank you for providing that information.

I have to say this is strange.
I’m going to bring this issue to the attention of the developer,
because unable to come up with viable solution for you.
I can’t provide an ETA as to when this particular issue will be resolved.

Here’s a link to the GitHub where you can followup if needs be: https://github.com/puikinsh/Activello/issues/114

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Support.

Hi,
Yes, it’s strange for me too.
But thank you so much for your intervention, beacuse I can see changes:)

I don’t know what has been done today morning, but images on CHROME are sharp again, don’t change it!!!:slight_smile:
also much much better on SAFARI,
still blurry on Edge.

all best,
and have a great day!
Beata

Hi there,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

I’m not aware of any changes that were made, but i’m really happy to hear that its back to the way it should be.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any more queries.

Best Regards,
Support.