Booking.com inspiring search box in post

I’m trying to place an “inspiring search box” that is a product in the booking.com affiliate program into a post on my blog. I pasted the html they provided into the text editor of the post, but when I hit preview, there is a blank white space and a link instead of the search box. I tried copying/pasting it into a widget to test it and it works there. How can I get it to work properly in a post? Thank you!

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
Relating to your query here, could you perhaps provide us with the code in reference here so that we an check whether that code is meant for post editors.

I look forward to your reply.
Bets Regards,
Support.

Thanks for the quick reply! Here’s the code:

<ins class=“bookingaff” data-aid=“1576311” data-target_aid=“1576311” data-prod=“sbp” data-width=“500” data-height=“230” data-lang=“ualng” data-df_num_properties=“3”>
<!-- Anything inside will go away once widget is loaded. →
Booking.com
</ins>
<script type=“text/javascript”>
(function(d, sc, u) {
var s = d.createElement(sc), p = d.getElementsByTagName(sc)[0];
s.type = ‘text/javascript’;
s.async = true;
s.src = u + ‘?v=’ + (+new Date());
p.parentNode.insertBefore(s,p);
})(document, ‘script’, ‘//aff.bstatic.com/static/affiliate_base/js/flexiproduct.js’);
</script>

Hi there,
Thanks for writing back.
In this case, for such a code you would need to use a third-party plugin of your choice to have code embedded. You can for example use this plugin (Code Embed – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org).

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.

Oh ok. Thanks for the fix. Can you just let me know why I need to install a plugin to do this? Just curious. Thanks!

Hi there,
Thanks for writing back.
To answer your question here, the case here is that your code contains a script code. You are possibly adding the code within the visual section instead of the text section. Code embed plugins would however still do the trick here when it comes to post editors.

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.

I was not adding the code to the visual editor, I was adding it to the text editor. Are there specific instructions for how to do that so I don’t have to download another plugin?

Hi there

Sarahp, this theme does not have any instruction on how to implement that particular code, natively adding it in text mode should work if you have any problem with this please contact to code provider, basically this question is not related to any theme, check if code provider has some instruction or documentation or even plugin