broken image boxes above posts/blog page

Hello,

If I view any pages that link to posts, i.e. blog page, or the navigator below another post, it always shows a grey “missing image” style box.

I can’t figure out how to add an image to a post (other than the normal inline pictures) so this populates a picture into this box.
Alternatively, how do you turn off that image all together so it doesn’t appear?

I’ve attached an image as reference.

Thanks,
Ben

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

That image should be the featured image, please edit the post and add a featured image.

You can use the following CSS code to remove the image by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Remove featured image*/
.entry-header {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Ah! Thanks for that. You can tell I’m new to all this.

Do you know what the default size is for featured images? And is there any way to remove the white box with the category in from the image?

Thanks again,
Ben

Hello there,

The size for he featured image should be at minimum 1000px by 1000px and the theme will create thumbnails where needed.

The following code can remove the category:

/*Remove category*/
.post-content .shapely-category {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks again.

I have one final question for this one…

Is it possible to remove the header image all together from blog posts? I want it to go straight from the header into the article.

Cheers!

Hi,

You mean you don’t want these header area in the single post view? http://take.ms/QtI65 in that case use this Custom CSS in Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS,

.single-post .header-callout { display: none; }

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks Laranz, that’s perfect.

Thanks all for your help, I’m slowly getting to where I need to be now.

Cheers!
Ben

Hi,

Glad we helped. :slight_smile:

Let us know If you have any other questions.

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Shapely] Reviews | WordPress.org

Thanks,
laranz.,