Cannot get social icons to appear

Hi, I followed the video on adding social icons to my website. The links are there but no icon. Do I need to add a plugin or import the demo data?

Hi there

No plugin is needed, let me see it, please provide URL of the website

Regards

thanks!
Hacktoscratchgolf.ca

Hi there

Can you please DM me your access details? I need to check few things in the backend

Thanks and happy new year

My site is having the same problem. Social Icons disappeared at the bottom of my site. www.tennesseeriver600.com is my site.

Hi there

@PWC_Guy may I take a look at the backend? can you please provide access credentials in DM?

Regards

I have discovered that the NextGEN Gallery is the culprit. If I deactivate the plugin, the social icons work again. However, I’m not going to disable that plugin as the gallery is a major part of my site. What can be done to resolve the issue?

Hi there

I would recommend starting a support ticket with the NextGen gallery, I think they will have a solution for you.

Regards

Here’s the fix: If you have NextGen Gallery installed, go to ‘Other Options–> Miscellaneous’ and set “Do not enqueue FontAwesome” to Yes. This prevents NextGen Gallery from loading FontAwesome and allows Shapely to load it properly.

That’s it :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this solution @PWC_Guy

Regards