can't activate

hello :slight_smile:

i’ve a problem with activating the theme… i get a http 500 error while i activate it. only if i delete the theme in my ftp i can acces my wordpress again. i don’t know what i’m doing wrong

after activate i get this:

Hi @jerrytoet,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Shapely theme.

The 500—Internal Server Error occurs when the Web server (running the Web Site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client for access to the requested URL.

Could you please check whether the solution posted on the following pages help you to fix this issue?

Best Regards,
Movin

Check your php log files. Maybe you can see something like this:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in /var/www/LivingBetter/wp-content/themes/shapely/inc/widgets/widget-home-clients.php on line 65

When you open the file, in fact there is a syntax error in 2 lines, please change with this:

if(!isset($instance[‘client_logo’][‘img’])) $instance[‘client_logo’][‘img’]=’’;
if(!isset($instance[‘client_logo’][‘link’])) $instance[‘client_logo’][‘link’]=’’;

Best regards!

@madini I hope you are well today and thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

@jerrytoet If you are facing the issue as described by @madini above then you can resolve this issue by downloading and using the updated version of shapely theme from the following page.

Thank you @madini your suggestion is what fixed the problem for me! I was also getting the PHP Parse error in widget-home-clients.php on line 65

Have a great day :slight_smile: