Can't Alter Widget Images

The update really wrecked my site. I have it mostly back together again but wow.

Since the update, the Shapely widgets for the front page aren’t working. I can add new ones and alter text but I can’t add photos or change current photos. When I push ‘upload image’, either the site reloads with no changes or I get a 403 error message stating I don’t have access to this page.

I’d really like to get my site back to normal.

what is happening with the Shapely widgets?

Thanks.

Hi,

It is strange.

1. Can you try to disable all the plugins and see that works?
  2. Try clearing all the caches after the update, and see that works.

If all fails, pass us the WP Login details in a private reply, we will check what’s going wrong.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

I am having this same problem when I use the Colorlib Plugin Version 1.0 (gotten from another thread) that lets me customize the content of the parallax section. When I disable that plugin it works. However, I would really like to be able to customize the content of my parallax sections. Is there a way update that plugin?

www.cypressstakeyouth.com

Hi,

Can you give us the link of the thread you get that plugin? Also, can you explain us which content you want to edit on Parallax.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

I believe I got the plugin from this thread:

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/cusomizing-parallax-widget/

However, I do not see the plugin there.

I would like to be able to add html code to the parallax sections to embed items or customize the font, colors, sizes etc of each section.

One example is the instagram feed:

On this site www.cypressstakeyouth.com/test has the non-updated shapely with that plugin and you can see how I am able to embed the feed there to look how I would like.

On the site I am trying to set it up on cypressstakeyouth.com I have it using a different widget because I could not embed the feed. I would really like to be able to have the same functionality as before if possible.

Hi,

1. Instead of a parallax widget can you try to put the instagram feed in a text widget? and see that give you the full width like the other website your shared?
  2. Please update to the Shapely Companion plugin to latest version, in latest version we have support for HTML characters in Parallax widgets.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

The text widget did not work at all for the instagram feed. It did not understand the short code.

I used the text widget for the google calendar, but I cannot get the calendar to center like I was able to when I embedded it in the old shapely widget…

Hi,

Can you try this, https://colorlibsupport.com/t/centering-other-widgets-on-the-home-page/#post-90223 if that didn’t work, switch back to your parent theme.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.