Can't figure how to delete these? and Enlarge home page upper area?

Hello I am hoping someone can help me with a few customizations, I always look at the older posts to get most of my help but I can’t seem to figure these out?

I put all my pages upper header all in black, so is there anyway i can enlarge that home page where normally the Jumbotron goes because as you can see where my menu names are its really small the area to work with?

And I cannot seem to get rid of those white boxes where there used to be header type titles in there that i really don’t want so if there is a way to finally get rid of these that would be great. They are not showing up on all my menus when i click on them only the sub menus on Shop all 3 sub menus and inside my blog page, pictures are shown here for the 3 issues. thank you.

hi @todds15,

Could you sent me the live website so I can check and send you the instructions?

thank you,

Cristian

Thank you Chistian so much…I think at this point…i just need to enlarge the home page where you see
all my menu’s up top in black…it seems like a small area. I may want to add a picture there as well…but i don’t want to lose any
of the images i have on all my other pages because i have different photos for all my pages and sub pages.

Then if you click on Blog there is that small white strip going across the screen i want to get rid of.
I have css customizations having a all black back ground on the upper header area only.

other than that i am happy with the sub menu’s the way they are now with a small photo repeating showing up on top.

https://www.toddsheldonpsychicmedium.mediumshiptomyspirituality.com/

hi @todds15,

You need to give a height to the top header, just put your values below.

#header .top-header}
height:250px;
}

But, be careful with the values, because it will affect the other pages as well.

Regarding the white stripe, use this code to remove it :

#header .bottom-header.blog p {
display:none;
}

thanks,

Cristian

Thank you so much for your help as the white line is now gone, if you don’t mind may I ask another few quick questions?

on my website when i use my Android Samsung S4 phone…
The About section i can slide the whole page to the left on my phone until i see all white, then i have to slide the page back all the way to the right to see my page again.

https://www.toddsheldonpsychicmedium.mediumshiptomyspirituality.com/about/

On the main Menu Portfolio the sub menu named Missing and Murdered People the same thing but not as far over.
https://www.toddsheldonpsychicmedium.mediumshiptomyspirituality.com/missing-and-murdered-people/

So my question is how can some of my pages while viewing my website on my phone to stop being able to move from right to left while other pages are solid and don’t move in it’s position from right to left only up and down??

thank you so much for all your help thus far…

Hi,

Regarding the about page, the size of the title is affecting the width of the page.

Use this css code to adjust the size of the title so it will fit the page, use your custom values:

#blog .blog-post .blog-post-entry p {
    font-size: 29px !important;
}

This will apply for all the pages.

Thanks,

Cristian

I cannot thank you enough for all the work you have done for me, is it really advisable that we should always update to the most updated version of wordpress? I have been lazy about doing child theme…and we know when we update sometimes we lose things that alter. And one last thing and i think i am all set…on my contact me page i added the link to my page but that damn yellow button i cannot see the word send or submit within that …how can i fix that? to see the word or remove the yellow? i have a plugin called contact form ready from wordpress Again thank you ever so much for all the work you have done for me. My menu says Contact Me but within it says contact us…that wont seem to change and I am not sure if it has anything to do with that messing me up?

Hi @todd15,

Yes, we always recommend that everything needs to be updated and don’t forget to use a child theme, otherwise you will work twice.

Regarding the contact button, something is missing in the plugin section, try to deactivate and activate it again or use contact form 7 plugin.

Thanks,

Cristian

For some Reason when i activate Contact form 7 on my Contact me page and copy the link for the most updated file this is what it looks like on my desktop and my phone.

Hi @todds15,

Please go in Dashboard > Contact, and there delete and add a new contact form.

thank you,

Cristian

Ok i deleted the contact form in my dashboard contact area and created a new one which gave me a new code, i pasted it on my contact page and it did nothing as it showed the same thing.

Is this possible the words are showing white on this page like the background and they are invisible?
and the yellow button needs to be changed in color as well?

Hi @todds15,

Give me a screenshot of the contact form from wp or give me in a private message the wp admin, wp password.

Thank you,

Cristian

Thank you for being so kind in trying to help me with this…

username todd
Password is reneahutchingsisamedium1515

maybe my css customizations are messing with this i don’t know?

Hi todds15,

Solved, indeed the css influenced the contact form.

I used this css to solve it :

#input-submit, input[type=submit] {
     font-size: large;
}

input {
  font-size:15px;
}

textarea {
  font-size:15px;
}

label {
  color: #070707;
  font-size: large;
{

If you don’t like how it is now, please be free to add your custom value there.

Thanks,

Cristian

thank you for all your help but i need to mention that all my customizations that i made to make my website exactly the way it was needed except for that one contact page has now messed up every one of my pages on my desktop and my phone customizations are are way out of whack now with this newest addition. I think that is why i wanted that black background up top so i could easily cheat everything because i am not really good at doing these customizations and i was so close in getting it done except for that one contact page. I would be able to read my top header now the images are all small and the white background has interferred with all the white words up top so i cannot read any of my top header. Also on my blog page…that white line is now running through it…on my shop page that large white line is running through my image, on my sub menu on shop the 1 Question reading has a large white line going through it, and my 2 question reading sub menu has a large white box going through the image, and my remote reading sub menu has a large white box going through it.
I really am sorry to bother you like this because i am not great at doing this stuff but i was so close in finishing my site and if you log in again you can visit every page and see what i am talking about now.

if keeping the white background works i am fine with that…but i really need to have those images up top larger and i cannot have any clash with the white letters clashing with that white background up there either. Also those damn white boxes appearing in a lot of my pages if those can go i am fine with the white background as well. I think if those can go…my letters up top wont clash with my images as well as the white background and the images can get larger so the top header is not outside of my images on each of my pages then i think things will be a lot better.

I am going to work on what I can today and change some of the background color words…I will let you know if you can still be available for helping me get back on track again. If anything for now because i have a surgery in a few hours…can you login again and get rid of those white lines and boxes across all my images in those pages i mentioned? Also with a white background on my phone…only a button shows up on the top header right side and that accesses all the top header words that i can normally see on my desktop computer…but that button is white and it also disappears with that white background if you could figure out a way to make that button a different color that would be great and keep the white background… I will try to get all those images larger again and see what else I can do by myself so i am not bothering you so much.

Thank you sincerely,

Todd.

And on top of the ridding of the white lines and boxes through those pages i mentioned and changing the color of the button up top from white to another one on my cell phone…i need to adjust all my pages widths and heights on my top main photos as the words up top are outside the image itself…thank you again…sorry for so much.

Hi @todds15,

The css code that I give you didn’t influence the other css, since there are not related.

What you want now to achieve is more in to custom work from a developer who could make this for you.

As a hint: try to use bigger images, with more width, a smaller menu, with dropdowns instead of separated menu.

Thanks,

Cristian

Thank you its just i check everyday my website and it was all set in every way except for the contact page…i will continue to search on past posts until i cannot do anymore and ask for help on the remaining things…i had no lines in any of those pages the day before or before that…so something happened.