Category descriptions show up in title-attributes in links

Greetings from Germany,

First, thank you very much for this beautiful theme. I like the way it is designed and the way it works on mobile phones. It is also very fast (good loading times!)

Unfortunately I came across a problem where I haven’t found any solution yet.

I use long category descriptions (about 200 words, you can add them in the wordpress dashboard) but those descriptions get used in title-attributes of links in the archives overview (and on other sites), too!

for example: http://mygames-blog.de/kategorie/mmos/

• You can see the category description right below the main heading.
  • Below the description is standing “MMOs” (the linked category heading above the picture).
  • When you inspect this element you can see that the whole text is used as title attribute, which is not very good. I want to change it to the category name or simply remove it.

Can you help me please? <3 :slight_smile:

edit: added a screenshot for clarification

Hi @kyeloon,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try removing this by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi there
I seem to be having the same difficulty. i installed the child theme however this only removed the changes i previously and did not fix the problem i.e the category name showing up on top of the page

@christinam This question is not related to remove the category name but to remove the category description from the title attribute of category link so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Hey Movin,
at first: Thank you very much for your help. Your solution worked out perfectly.

I’ve recently discovered that the “category description” also shows up in the title-attribute of the links in the “activello category widget” (and also in the “stock” category widget - It seems to be a general weakness in wordpress) in the sidebar.

Could you please help me once again removing the title in the category widget? I’ve added a screenshot.

Second question is where can I donate? :3

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I’ve recently discovered that the “category description” also shows up in the title-attribute of the links in the “activello category widget” (and also in the “stock” category widget – It seems to be a general weakness in wordpress) in the sidebar.

This is the default functionality of those widgets and you can also confirm it by using default WordPress Categories widget.

If you have to change this default functionality then you have to develop custom code.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5