Category to the blog

Hi there,

How to get category to the blog?

Added this to the content.php with notepad ++ and 45 line and uploaded sparkling-child theme folder, what i need to change?

<?php /* translators: used between list items, there is a space after the comma */ $categories_list = get_the_category_list( esc_html__( ', ', 'sparkling' ) ); if ( $categories_list && sparkling_categorized_blog() ) : ?>
			<span class="cat-links"><i class="fa fa-folder-open-o"></i>
			<?php printf( esc_html__( ' %1$s', 'sparkling' ), $categories_list ); ?>
			</span>
			<?php endif; // End if categories ?>

Instructions i did take from here:

Thank you,
Marx-Veix

Hi there

@marx-veix sorry such questions require some custom approach, I can help you with basic customization when it comes to the CSS or layout changes but if you want to enhance the functionality of the theme it falls outside of normal support scopes

Thanks

Hi Colorlibsupport,

Seems that it was possible, cant get this custom child theme download to try it out, that was shared before. I hope you all well, still waiting for the theme update. :slight_smile:

With gratitude
Marx-Veix

Hi @marx-veix

Which child theme? where? :slight_smile:

Regards

Added link in the first post has reply from Movin.

Hi Heiko,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Sparkling theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi

Most probably that link is broken since the forum migration, did you try this:

Hi Colorlibsupport,

I do not have editor enabled in the wordpress admin page, if the file thats need to be changed is content.php then i have tested it. Added changed and original file that i already tried out, content-category-added.php file was of course named content.php when i uploaded it trough filezilla ftp week ago.

content.php files (one original, other changed)

What to change if someone can help? Thank you!

With gratitude,
Marx-Veix

Hi Marx

I’m sorry, but if this is a question of modification theme functions in a .php file then I’m afraid I can’t do that since this is a customization question and needs more time and effort, you need to find someone who can make such changes.
I hope you understand :frowning: