Center Footer Text and Widen

I love this theme! Thank you so much for such a responsive theme.

One question - is there a way to center the text in the Footer and widen the Footer area itself? Right now the area is only half of the content area. You can take a look at my website: http://www.PhotoTrippingAmerica.com to see what I am talking about.

Thanks for all of your help!

If you mean your footer widget area then you can make it full-width by adding this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

#footerarea .widget {
    width: 94%;
    text-align: center;
}

It will also center your text, but you can feel free to remove the last line for centering if you don’t need it.

Thank you so much! Did I say how much I LOVE this theme? You have made my job so much easier and enjoyable!

Hi Aigars

Thanks for the great theme!

I’ve created a child theme to add more links (Contact, etc) to the footer. This works fine. To center the text in the footer, I then added #footerarea .widget {text-align: center;} to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS in both parent and child themes, but with no effect.

johan568,

Thank you for using my theme!

First of all, please always open a new forum thread because this issue was already resolved.

Could you please post your website url, so I can provide with a proper code? Since you have added custom code (text) in the footer I can no longer know what DOM element you are looking to target. It is a simple problem but without seeing your website source I am just guessing.

Apologies! Will do.