change box around elements in navbar

Hi,

first of all: Thanks for an amazing theme for wordpress, i really love it!

I have a small question:
I would like to change the navigation bar, so that when i move the cursor over the, let´s say, home button, it just changes the color of the text, but not the background.
At the same time, i want the box that shows up, when you hover over, to be removed.

So basically like the colorlib. homepage :slight_smile:

Thank you, i hope someone can help!
Richard

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

#main-nav a:hover, #main-nav ul li.current-menu-item a, #main-nav ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #main-nav ul li.current-menu-ancestor a, #main-nav ul li.current_page_item a, #main-nav ul li:hover > a, #main-nav li:hover > a, #main-nav ul ul :hover > a, #main-nav a:focus {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    color: #ddd;
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none;
}

This code will remove background color, change active menu item color to light gray (#ddd) and will remove box shadow which was there by default.

You can feel free to tweak this code. Most likely you can to change menu item color as I use a random color in this example.

Thanks! Worked excellent, the only problem is that the color of the active item doesn´t change. If i hover over the bar, no color changes either…

Next to that, can i move the bar to the very top of the page?

Then try it like this:

#main-nav a:hover, #main-nav ul li.current-menu-item a, #main-nav ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #main-nav ul li.current-menu-ancestor a, #main-nav ul li.current_page_item a, #main-nav ul li:hover > a, #main-nav li:hover > a, #main-nav ul ul :hover > a, #main-nav a:focus {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    color: #ddd !important;
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none;
}

Moving navigation is not an easy task and it would be so much easier to start with theme such as Sparkling or Dazzling: Best Free WordPress Themes 2021 - Colorlib

Now it´s working great :slight_smile: Thanks a lot, i imagined it just like that!

i observed a problem with the submenu of the bar though, it seems like the submenu closes to fast for the cursor to get there… maybe it´s because of the small gap between the navbar and the submenu that shows up, once you hover over it

or what do you think?

Most likely you have made other changes to navigation because these changes alone couldn’t break navigation from functioning correctly.