Change default font

Hi;

A long time ago I changed the default font for ALL text on my Travelify Child theme to Verdana. For some reason it’s recently reverted back to Helvetica.

Could you please advise how I can change the default across the entire website to Verdana again. I’ve tried to amend the Additional CSS code in ‘Customize’ with the following code but it doesn’t work (in fact - when I go back into check the css again the new code has vanished - I’ve tried this several times).

body, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6, .navbar.navbar-default, .navbar > .container .navbar-brand {
font-family: “Verdana”, sans-serif;
}

Are you able to help please

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

When you add the CSS, it now disappears from the theme?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Yes, I’m good thanks - hope you are too!

Yes, when I add the additional CSS in and ‘publish it’ the font doesn’t change (still showing as Helvetica) when I start a new post. Then when I go back to check the additional CSS again the code I added has vanished.

Thanks
Tanya

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please clear your browser cache and use the following to clear your WordPress cache:

Let me know if that font changes after that.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

The CSS doesn’t disappear now but the default font is still showing as helvetica when I go into a new post to write it.

Thanks
Tanya

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile: In order to check your question i need to see your live website, please provide url and i will take a look

Please bear in mind for I’ve been manually changing the font (when writing the post) since this problem started happening again.

Thanks
Tanya

hi Tanya

From what i see the code is not rendered on the website, if its added in the appearance > customize > additional css then its now working for some reason, can’t say why this will require troubleshooting on WordPress side,
you can try to install custom css/js WordPress plugin and store your custom css in that plugin

Hi,

Thanks - please can you confirm exactly which css/js WP plugin to use as there are several.

Which is the best?

Thanks
Tanya

Hello there,

When it comes to plugins, I would recommend going for the ones that were more recently updated so currently this plugin would be a good one to use:

Best Regards,
Support