Change font, color, and font style of navigation bar

Hi there! My website is at thewisebudget.com. The thing is, I’ve been trying to change the font, font color, and style of this, but I can’t figure out how.

The first attachment is what it looks like now.

The second attachment is what I want it to look more like (all caps, different font, different color, etc).

I’ve already spent countless hours customizing my site but this one (and a few others haha), I just can’t figure out. Thank you so, so much in advance! Any help is appreciated!

xoxo

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
Relating to your question here, could you kindly share a link to the site from where the second attachment is.

I look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Support.

Hi Support, thank you so much for replying!

It’s from one of your themes, but I honestly don’t remember where I got that from, since I just took a screenshot of whatever I saw similar. Sorry!

Here are two more ColorLib themes that have all-caps and a different font for their nav bar, anyway: https://colorlib.com/activello/ and NewsMag Lite – A beautiful, free, magazine WordPress theme

Thank you and I’m also looking forward to your reply!

hey there

We just need link to your website to see it for custom css creation :slight_smile:

Hi Noda! I linked my website on the first post! :slight_smile: But again, here it is!

Anyway, the problem is fixed! Kinda. I just installed the Google Fonts plugin to change the font and that solved it.

Right now I’m encountering another problem though! Is it okay if I just add it here even if it’s completely different?

There are so many unnecessary spaces in my theme, and I don’t know why. It makes everything look, well, unpolished. The demo theme doesn’t look like this so I must be doing something wrong. Can you please help me?

Screenshot 1 shows a large white space between the navigation bar and the content.
Screenshot 2 shows a very, very large white space between the first sticky post and the rest of the posts.

Also, sometimes the first two posts overlap with the sticky post and the whole thing just looks broken. I searched here on the forums and another user seems to have the same problem but there was no update.

Thank you so much and I’m very sorry for the trouble!

hi

Sorry, but i see completely different pictures on your website,e there is no blank spaces on the website link on your screenshot, i can even provide a screenshot of them, but is this fixed as well?

Hi Noda! Thanks for the speedy response!

I’m actually customizing my site as we speak, haha. I found this solution for the white space in header in one of your older threads.

/*Padding for the title*/
header#masthead {
    margin-bottom: 10px;
}

That solves the problem with the white space at the header area! :slight_smile:

As for the white space between the stickied posts and the rest of the posts, it still happens to me. It only disappears when I zoom out 80%. Thankfully it stays that way even when I zoom back in. I have no idea why that happens though.

Oh, and this is the overlap that I was talking about! I just reloaded the page and it happened to me. So basically… it’s either there’s a huge white space here or there’s an overlap happening. I see that it has happened to other users too, but I still haven’t found a solution for it. Thank you so much for helping!

hi

ok, i see white space under sticky post, not sure if this is a theme problem, lets check it,
Please deactivate all third party plugins and try again your problem, most probably this I conflict with third-party plugins.
Once you deactivate all plugins please check your problem again, if the problem is gone then this means it was a plugin conflict. Now, start activating plugins one by one and same time repeat your problem until your problem appears again, now you know which plugin was in conflict

Hi there! Thanks for that suggestion, Noda!

Thanks to you, I figured out the problem. It’s Jetpack. Without Jetpack, the white space instantly disappears.

The problem is (aside from the fact that Jetpack has a lot of really helpful features which made me really sad to deactivate it), after I deact the plugin, this is what it said on my dashboard:

The Jetpack plugin is necessary to use some of this theme’s features, including: Content Option (no specific module needed). Please activate Jetpack by WordPress.com. Activate

So if Jetpack is actually an important part of this theme, how come it messes up the homepage?

And actually, without Jetpack, all the posts show up as full posts and not excerpts. There’s no option to enable just excerpts in the theme too. Only Jetpack allowed me to do it. Now I’m manually adding excerpts to each one of my posts. sigh

Hi there

You can get in touch with jetpack support on this problem, if plugin triggers problem then they will help you to fix it, jetpack is not our plugin and i cant say why this is happening, also, if this is a bug in their plugin they will most probably fix it in the next update