Change portfolio widget

Hi

Me again with another portfolio question.

I’ve found a plugin that seems to work with the theme as a text widget, waving portfolio, that does what I was enquiring about (even if I’m now struggling with a couple of other issues). Waving allows me to click on the portfolio image to open up the gallery thumbs and description, which in turn can be opened in their own modal window.

Anyway…

My question is, can I make the portfolio widget look at my new portfolio widget rather than the jetpack portfolio to retain shapely style formatting? Presumably, this should just be a case of changing where the lookup directory in the portfolio widgets php?

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

Unfortunately modification of the theme files to support third party plugins is outside the scope of support provided.
However I can point you the file that you’ll need to look into which is the archive-jetpack-portfolio.php which is the template for displaying jetpack portfolios, and the customizer.php and extras.php file

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

What you’re trying to achieve will require some advance CSS.
Unfortunately this is outside the scope of support we’re able to provide as we simply do not have
the resources to cater to extensive customization requests.

As a suggestion you could outsource the assistance of a freelance developer, places such as work upwork.com is a good place to find affordable help.

Best Regards,
Support