change posts presentation on blog page

Hi,

I’m currently building my portfolio page with Shapely and I got the following issue:

Instead of using the portfolio option of shapely I want my portfolio projects to be blog entrys and the portfolio page to be the entry page where all the entrys with the category “proyects” load. I achieved that correctly and it shows me a preview like this (see attached NOW.jpg). Now my question:

Could I use the category-field (it displays “project” in all entrys now) to show the posts title there? I want it to be displayed over the foto (see WHAT I WANT.jpg).
I understand that I have to change “category” which is called to be displayed there for “post title” in the content.php or something like that but I dont’t really know how to do it. Or is there an easier solution to get the aspect I wich?

I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much.

Anna

done.

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Did you manage to get this issue resolved?
I’m seeing your reply ‘done’ but I’m just checking to see if you managed to get the customization you’re asking for.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hey,

thanks for your answer.
I found out that to really do it well I need to put the title in the same div as the image.
And to do so, I am waiting for a response to another issue I opened (how to modify phps that are not inside the theme folder but inside a plugin folder).
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/portfolio-setup/

Thanks a lot!

Anna

Hey there,

Modifying plugin PHP would have to be done via FTP, go into the wp-content/plugins folder, go into your plugin’s folder and find the file to be edited.

Once you got your hands on the file, just download it, make your edits, go back to the folder and delete that original file (You should probably save it somewhere safe just in case you need to go back to the original), then upload the edited one. Ensure you never change the file name as the file won’t work if it has a different name.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hey there!

Oh!
So I can really just do that?? I thought that from the beginning on but I thought it was the same issue as with modifying parent themes. When the plugin gets updated won’t I loose my changes?

Thanks very much!! :slight_smile:

Anna

Hey there,

That’s the only issue. You’ll have to ensure that you keep a backup of the modifications so that they can be applied again when updated. There may be plugins to add code to specific files. I know of Code Snippets, however, I’m not sure if that’s limited to functions.php or not, but you could try that, just download it from the WordPress Plugin Directory (Plugins > Add New > Search) or search for any other.

Those usually save the snippets within the plugin itself and once the directory of the plugin that you’re editing is available, it adds it to it.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support