Change purple button colors to other color for Unite theme

Hi support forum :slight_smile:

In this theme, Unite, i’ve changed so many things. Like colors on menu, footer, text color and yeah.

Now i think, i’m on last steps. I need to change the purple color, on the buttons too. The buttons “Add to cart” and “Go to checkout” ← on cart page. I tried find the buttons, in CSS but couldn’t find them. So i want to ask in here, now. I really hope you can help me :slight_smile:

Happy new year!! :smiley:

Please, post your website URL and I will look into what elements are not changed yet. Make sure to post URL where exactly these buttons appear, so I don’t miss them.

http://goo.gl/efM0Va i mean the purple “Add to cart” button, how to change it’s color and if u try to click add to cart, then go to the cart, it is also purple. How to change these colors?

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS and change color codes accordingly. First part is for regular button and second part is for button on hover. I used color from your theme navigation but you can use any color you want.

.woocommerce #content input.button.alt, .woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt, .woocommerce a.button.alt, .woocommerce button.button.alt, .woocommerce input.button.alt, .woocommerce-page #content input.button.alt, .woocommerce-page #respond input#submit.alt, .woocommerce-page a.button.alt, .woocommerce-page button.button.alt, .woocommerce-page input.button.alt {
    background: #1EB1FD;
    color: #fff;
    border-color: #1EB1FD;
}

.woocommerce #content input.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:hover, .woocommerce a.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce button.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce input.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page #content input.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page #respond input#submit.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page a.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page button.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page input.button.alt:hover {
    background: #1EB1FD;
    color: #fff;
    border-color: #1EB1FD;   
}

Worked! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hello
I’m wanting to know how to change the colour of the hover buttons on the Unite theme tabs to a lighter purple say b192e1?

@champs

Please post your website URL where exactly these buttons appear and I will try to find a setting inside Theme Options for that or write a Custom CSS for if it won’t be possible via settings.

Hello
My website is www.champselite.com.au I’m want the buttons, eg home, about, contact, blog, etc all to turn different colour when open. A lighter purple would be good eg #b79ded. Or what you think would look the best. Thank you for your help. If you would let me know where this code goes then if I dont like the colour I can change it.Many thanks
Cheers Cherylynne

To make menu item active and hover background color to #b79ded you can use code like this:

.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:hover,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:focus,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:hover,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:focus,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:hover,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:focus,
.dropdown-menu > li > a:hover,
.dropdown-menu > li > a:focus,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav .open .dropdown-menu > li > a:hover,
.navbar-default .navbar-nav .open .dropdown-menu > li > a:focus {
  background-color: #b79ded;
}

Due to specifics of this code it won’t work via Custom CSS field that you can see inside Theme Options and will need another workaround. If you are using Jetpack plugin you can add your code under Appearance >> Edit CSS. Other CSS plugins would work too.

Another options is to use Child Theme and add this code inside style.css for your child theme.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi
Ok thank you very much it works beautifully.
I really like this Unite template. Thank you.

Hi
I have another question please.
On this page http://champselite.com.au/travel/ at the bottom of the comment there is this:

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
Does this have to be there? I would like to remove it if it is not necessary.

Regards
Cherylynne

Hi
Would you be able to let me know where in the Unite theme do I add the Google analytics code?Regards
Cherylynne

Hi
Please ignore the Google Analytics request. I found out how to do it. By downloading the plugin.
Cheers n champs
Cherylynne

@champs

You can remove allowed HTML tags under comment section by adding this simple code inside WordPress dashboard >> Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS.

#form-allowed-tags {
  display: none;
}

Hello. I, too love this theme. I am currently trying to switch out from purple, like the posters before me. Here are the icons I have that I would like changed:

You can change element color via WordPress dashboard >> Appearance >> Theme Options >> Main >> Element color.

Let me know if this helps.