Change sidebar's width and position

Hey folks!

I installed the Activello theme and so far I am really happy with it. The only thing which bothers me is the sidebar’s width and position. It would be great if I could make it smaller and change its position to the very right so I can use that space to enlarge the content width.

Is this possible? And if yes, how do I make these changes?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Oh, and I’d like to remove the “posted on” before the date. Is that possible, too?

Hi @doyouliketohurt,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I installed the Activello theme and so far I am really happy with it. The only thing which bothers me is the sidebar’s width and position. It would be great if I could make it smaller and change its position to the very right so I can use that space to enlarge the content width.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

@media (min-width: 992px) {
.main-content-inner.col-sm-12.col-md-8 {
    width: 70%;
}
div#secondary{
  width: 30%;
}
}
Oh, and I’d like to remove the “posted on” before the date. Is that possible, too?

Yes you can remove it by using the attached small custom developed plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin

@movin

I have tried to create a topic with this question because the code is not working for me at all. Please let me know if you can help me out! Thank you.

Website URL is www.thevipentrepreneur.com

@lcawley9 I have shared two codes in the above replies so could you please tell me which code is not working for you and also tell me what you are trying to achieve so that i can help you?

@movin

Thank you for responding, I would make my own topic, but it is not letting me for some reason.

I am trying to achieve much the same as what is stated above, I want the same thing essentially as what is stated above, I just, for some reason cannot get the code to work.

I want the sidebar to be pushed to the far right on my posts, and then allow for it to be reduced a little bit width wise to allow the content in the middle to be highlighted a little bit more.

I tried plugging that into my custom css and it didnt work for me. Maybe I wasn’t editing the right numbers? any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you for responding, I would make my own topic, but it is not letting me for some reason.

Please try creating it on this page Activello - Colorlib Support Forum by clearing your browser cache or using different browser.

I tried plugging that into my custom css and it didnt work for me. Maybe I wasn’t editing the right numbers? any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Could you please share me your site URL where you are using the shared code so that i can troubleshoot it?

Hi Movin,

Thanks for making the two codes. I’d like to accomplish both, both codes do not work.

Can you resend?

@vparadis To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

i have problem with sidebar at home page. content width and sidebar width is same at home page. Other pages are ok.
link of my website is http://theanimationshop.com/wp/.
Please help me

I don’t see the shared CSS code used on your site.

Please advise.