Change Slider (Add Border to post title)

Hi there,

1. I was wondering if it is possible to add a border around the white box in my slider?
    My website is http://www.primetimechaos.com/.

I already added a white box where the post title in the slider is.
Now I would love to add another frame around that.

Attached, you will find my slider (“my slider,jpg”) and also an inspiration picture of how I would love it to look (“new slider,jpg”).

1. Also, is it possible to change the design of the arrows on the side of the slider? I marked them in the screenshot.

Thank you so much!
Theresa

Hi @Theresa,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. I was wondering if it is possible to add a border around the white box in my slider?

To achieve this you have to overwrite slider function in the activello child theme functions.php file then wrap slider markup <div class=“flex-caption”> in the tag <div class=“flex-caption-wrapper”>

2. Also, is it possible to change the design of the arrows on the side of the slider? I marked them in the screenshot.

Yes we can change it by developing custom CSS code so could you please tell me how you want it to display?

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for your help!

I attached a screenshot of how I’d love the arrows to look like.
With a circle around them if possible.

Thanks again!

You can make slider arrow circular by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.flex-direction-nav a::before {
    border: 1px solid #fff;
    border-radius: 100%;
    color: #fff;
    font-size: 20px;
    height: 40px;
    padding: 0 15px;
    line-height: 42px;
}

Thank you so much! It’s perfect!
I really appreciate your time and work.

You are always welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi,
for this question : “Also, is it possible to change the design of the arrows on the side of the slider? I marked them in the screenshot”, I can’t use your solution with function.php… do you have something else ?

Thanks ! Emilie

@emilielry To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.