Change the Footer in Shapely Theme

Can I purchase a license for SHAPELY WordPress template? - I want to remove the Colorlib and Wordpress brand and brand the site/footer with my own domain.

Hey there

Yes of course you can purchase it :slight_smile:

Thank you. Will purchasing allow me to rebrand the footer - ie: remove all current information, copyright, etc., and allow me to replace with my brand and copyright? If this is correct , please provide a link to the purchase page so I can (re) read what my purchase provides. Your site is large and I read a lot before I started using the template and cannot seem to get back to the pages I would like.
Thanks

HI there

Yes sure, the license will allow you to remove footer credits, Here is the link:
https://colorlib.com/wp/licence/

Thank you for the link. I guess I really do not get why it is so difficult to continue. The link you provided for Shapely template purchase, when I click BUY NOW, the second step states the purchase is for HTML sites (only?). I have choses the Shapley portion of the forum to communicate with and CLEARLY I have been asking about purchasing the Shapely theme which is clearly a WordPress theme. I have followed every link I could find (might have missed some because the links for WordPress templates seem to go in evasive circles). While the template was easy to use, I got the results I wanted, I now have a considerable MORE amount of time in trying to get clear-simple instructions on a purchase than development. What am I missing?

HI

Sorry if you have trouble here, page i gave says:
All our website templates are licensed underCreative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (CC BY 3.0). If you like to use attribution-free templates, please purchase extended licence for a single template or for all our website templates.

this text clearly explains this means all our templates, including html, WordPress or any other platform templates, please pay attention to text, you are not purchasing the template, you are purchasing a license to remove credit text from one our template

Well, it wasn’t clear to two of our developers, and the accounting dept. That is why I was asked to get absolute clarification. Sorry we are all so damn dumb. So, Bob’s your uncle!

It may not seem like it, but we are impressed and really do like Shapely and we write - why - below.

We seem to be having difficulty with the license part - and chasing down detail on a monster-sized site. Lots of work reading which offerings are Colorlib and which are affiliate products, different licenses (like Envato’s offerings) and page links that do not work - especially that go to “https:www.ojrq.net/…… etc.” Either we get a message the page does not exist or “The link you clicked on is malformed. Contact the editor of the originating page.” (for another day to solve that)

Attached is a screen shot of the page where “Single Template - Buy Now” button is provided by Colorlib (above in this forum page). The challenge comes from this page saying “all” templates, but when you choose/click Single Template-Buy Now, the confusion begins.

There are two references to HTML templates, (see attachment). In context, the “all” seems to refer to “all HTML” templates (only). Folks know there is a huge difference between an HTML template and a WordPress template. This emphasis on “HTML website templates…” again is repeated in the description on the same page.

Yes, if you click “all templates” on this page you are provided a page with 43 HTML categories and one separate WordPress category.

It also provides a link to (additional) WordPress themes, again implying there is a different category of Divi/WordPress themes, separate from the 43 HTML categories. I guess if someone doesn’t know the difference, they would “assume” the “all” was inclusive of WordPress themes. Assuming anything online, especially the details of any license detail can lead to disaster… but who reads EUAL’s or purchasing agreements? Of course, all of this is moot for $99 bucks and you get it “all”.

With that all said and in the past, we have used one WordPress theme from a major developer for years and not ready to give them up anytime soon. It answers all of the requirements we have for our clients that require large, complex, vanity, business, and shopping websites.

We have searched for quite some time for (a) WordPress template or two that could be used… efficiently, has quality structure, is light-weight, supports a half dozen or so common plugins, and has a (seemingly) proficient & prompt Support Forum conduit.

I hope we found a “home”. With Shapely we were able to publish a seven page draft for our client in less than seven hours, including time to “get-to-know” Shapely. We like that.

Our goal it to push Shapely in a production environment so we can offer, start to finish, six page, two revision website in 12 hours of our production time. I hope we found what we need. Reading through the Shapely forum it seems that many of our questions are already answered in full or in-part and other answers seem to come rapidly.

It will not be a problem purchasing as we need or to “all” templates. I think we found the quality, just being sure of what we are buying.

Sorry to go back to details, but there are so many on-line marketers that (intentionally miss-lead??), are vague, or seemingly unclear about what they sell. Just so we are crystal-clear in what we understand, purchasing a Single Template License (in this case Shapely), we are allowed to remove/replace Colorlib branding in the footer in up-to five (5) uses of Shapely applied to 5 individual domains. If we want to use (example), the illdy template we would need to purchase that template and would be able to use it for up-to 5 individual, different domains? All of this at least applies to all of Colorlib’s WordPress templates on this page?? -> here - Right?

Have we got that much correct, finally?

After you answer, just go ahead and close this off. I’m happy with Shapely so based on your answer I’ll either buy or start over with a different template source.

Thank you for you time!!

PS: Going to put illdy through its paces tommorrow - Should be interesting,

Hi there

wait a minute… is this question or blog post? :smiley:
To be honest, i was not expected if this question could take so many confusions, i will try to be as short as possible,

1. once again, the license is for one website, to remove footer credits,
  2. on your screenshot - Yes, there is a mention of html templates but it also says, “and right to remove copyright information from your template”. don’t pay attention to category stuff,
  3. And lastly, this question really not worst to spend so many times on it, just leave footer copyright as is :slight_smile:

p.s. please include only necessary information in the question, keeping your question as short as possible makes it more clear, easier to understand and we both save our time on it :slight_smile:

Greetings

I agree, there is way, way too much time spent on this… and still not clear. I will be as short as possible.

responding to your #1 above of Sept 17 2018 - 7:06am
“one license is for one website, to remove footer credits.” See attached because I do not understand how to apply up-to 5 domains to one website. - confusing.

responding to your #2 above of Sept 17 2018 - 7:06am
If I am not to pay attention to the pages and pages of category stuff, why is it there? Sorry for reading your site in detail. Cannot seem to get back to the Category section, must be gone?

responding to your #3 above of Sept 17 2018 - 7:06am
Simple, my client wants their brand in the footer - not my brand, Colorlib, nor WordPress. That is what they are paying for.

Since it seemed that this confusion would have been solved long time ago, I did order a license (in my clients name). The PayPal payment was received 26 hours ago. How long does processing take?

Thank you

PS not - I have checked to “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”. Have not received any follow up emails at all. Yes, I’ve checked firewalls, servers, spam folders, etc, etc - all functioning correctly and no emails side-tracked in to various folders. Just saying…

OOPS
attachment didn’t make it — added here

hi

“how to apply up-to 5 domains to one website” - What does it mean? if you have 5 domains this means you have 5 websites, sorry but the question needs little bit light here, one domain is one website,
this is just category in the website, how I said don’t pay attention here, or pay but this will not play any role in your license :slight_smile:
Well, no problem, in this case, purchase a license and we both will be happy with it :smiley:
after purchase - no additional steps is required, once you purchase it you already have rights to remove footer credit by css code, that’s it, nothing else,

Greetings
I agree, there is way, way too much time spent on this… and still not clear and I will be as short as possible.

responding to your #1 above of Sept 17 2018 - 7:06am
“one license is for one website, to remove footer credits.” See attached because I do not understand how to apply up-to 5 domains to one website. - confusing.

responding to your #2 above of Sept 17 2018 - 7:06am
If I am not to pay attention to the category stuff, why is it there? Sorry for reading your site in detail. Cannot seem to get back to the Category section, must be gone?

responding to your #3 above of Sept 17 2018 - 7:06am
Simple, my client wants their branding in the footer - not references to me/my company, Colorlib, nor WordPress. That is what they are paying for.

Since it seemed that this confusion would be solved long time ago, I did order a license (in my clients name). The PayPal payment was received 26 hours ago. How long does processing take?

Thank you

hey… i just answered on that questions, are you kidding? :slight_smile: