change width of content area, slider

Hey there,

thank you first of all for creating such an awesome theme. I am still having some trouble with a few things though…

I would like to increase the width for the content area. So far, I have only figured out how to make it broader by changing the ratio for content area & side bar with this code in CSS:

@media (min-width: 992px) {
.main-content-inner.col-sm-12.col-md-8 {
    width: 75%;
}
div#secondary{
  width: 25%;
}
}

The code works, but I would like to increase the width of the content area - is that possible?

Second, I would then like to adjust the width of the slider, so that it is the same width as content area + side bar, is there a way that I can achieve that?

And last, is it possible to hide the featured pictures used for the slider so that they do not show up in the posts itself?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello, I hope its okay if I comment here. I do not know how resolve this issue but I am also looking to find out so hoping I can read any responses you get!
Many thanks!

EDIT

Sorry, after scrolling further back through the forum I managed to find this post which might help you!! All the best!

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/post-width/

Thanks for your help! I’ve managed to change the widht for the content area with this code :slight_smile:

I’ve also managed to find the code to change the width of the slider. SO now I’ve got this:

.container.main-content-area {
    max-width: 1300px;
    width: 100%;
}

div.flexslider {
    max-width: 1277px;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

I was struggeling to find the right number for the code regarding the slider. I ended up with 1277 by trial and error. I want the slider to be the same width as content area + side bar, but it still seems to be slightly wrong. How do I know which px number to use here? (Hope this makes sense…)

I’ve set

Hi @dorohenrietta,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I was struggeling to find the right number for the code regarding the slider. I ended up with 1277 by trial and error. I want the slider to be the same width as content area + side bar, but it still seems to be slightly wrong. How do I know which px number to use here? (Hope this makes sense…)

By default the content area width is 1090px but it may be different on your site because you have changed content area width.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can tell you the exact width of it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Dear Movin,

http://dorohenrietta.com/ is the URL to my site.
I’ve now set the content width to 1500 px and came up with 1470px for the slider by trial and error (which to my eye does not seem completely right). Would be great if you could help me get the right number!

On your shared site the content area width is 1260px excluding padding so try setting it to the slider.