Change WooCommerce File

Hello!

I am trying to modify the variable.php file from WooCommerce. It’s in the path /wp-content/themes/child-theme-name/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php

Now, Sparkling, does not have that file. I am thinking of just adding it, but I don’t think that would work.

I am trying to change my form so that my drop-down for variations shows the name of the option vs the default “choose an option”.

This is the code I’ve used in the past in the variable.php file:

<?php
		$variations_arr = array();
		foreach ( $attributes as $attribute_name => $options ) :
		ob_start(); ?>
		<tr>
			<td class="label"><label for="<?php echo sanitize_title( $attribute_name ); ?>"><?php echo wc_attribute_label( $attribute_name ); ?></label></td>
			<td class="value">
				<?php $selected = isset( $_REQUEST[ 'attribute_' . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) ? wc_clean( $_REQUEST[ 'attribute_' . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) : $product->get_variation_default_attribute( $attribute_name );
				wc_dropdown_variation_attribute_options( array( 'options' => $options, 'attribute' => $attribute_name, 'product' => $product, 'selected' => $selected ) );
				echo end( $attribute_keys ) === $attribute_name ? '<a class="reset_variations" href="#">' . __( 'Clear selection', 'woocommerce' ) . '</a>' : ''; ?>
			</td>
		</tr>
		<?php $variations_ob = ob_get_clean();
		$variations_arr[wc_attribute_label($attribute_name)] = $variations_ob;
		endforeach;

foreach ($variations_arr as $name => $ob) {
			echo str_ireplace('choose an option', 'Choose '.$name, $ob );
		}
	?>

Any suggestions?

THANKS in advance!

Hi @vmjarala,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Thought the theme doesn’t contain woocommerce files then also you can change it from your child theme by overwriting it as described on the following pages.

Best Regards,
Movin

That was easy! (And obvious.) I should have figured this one out.

Thanks so much!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: