Changing my home page (index?), I don't want it to look like a blog!

Howdy, first post around here, I’d like someone to help me out discovering some things, so to simplify I am going to put into several questions.

1 - How can I make my frontpage not a blog page, like without posts, only information.

2 - When I create a new page and edit with code, it will always show this box with the pagename and code inside it, I don’t want to have one box, but have like 3 box next to each other in same page, how can I achieve this?

3 - Where can I edit the html/php from any page? Where can I find the files?

Maybe I’m missing some terms over here which is complicating my explanation and understanding but if someone could help me out, I would really apreciate it, I’m working on a project for charity company which in the end could be great for my CV and even better for the company since they will finally have a working, responsive and interactive website!

Btw working with xampp for local hosting, I don’t know if that helps anything.

Anyways thanks in advance, and wait for more questions from me!

Hi @jpinheiro,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1 – How can I make my frontpage not a blog page, like without posts, only information.

You can achieve this by setting Front Page of your site to any WordPress static page in your site reading settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

2 – When I create a new page and edit with code, it will always show this box with the pagename and code inside it, I don’t want to have one box, but have like 3 box next to each other in same page, how can I achieve this?

3 – Where can I edit the html/php from any page? Where can I find the files?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here Sparkling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking all questions in a single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you! :slight_smile:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: