Changing Post Meta Position

1. I wish to remove the all the icons on the post meta (date, category ). And change the icon of category to word I.e category

2. I wish to change the position of category post meta from above to below post content (probably before read more or below)

3.I also wish to move the date which is above in the post summary to below the full post content.

I will be please if you can help me with these.

Thanks Aigar

While I can’t give you a clear answer since these things, while simple, are time consuming and only you know how they should look.

To change meta information inside single post view you should find the following code in content-single.php

<div class="entry-meta">
	<?php sparkling_posted_on(); ?>

<?php
		/* translators: used between list items, there is a space after the comma */
		$categories_list = get_the_category_list( __( ', ', 'sparkling' ) );
		if ( $categories_list && sparkling_categorized_blog() ) :
	?>
	<span class="cat-links"><i class="fa fa-folder-open-o"></i>
		<?php printf( __( ' %1$s', 'sparkling' ), $categories_list ); ?>
	</span>
	<?php endif; // End if categories ?>
	<?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', 'sparkling' ), '<i class="fa fa-pencil-square-o"></i><span class="edit-link">', '</span>' ); ?>

</div><!-- .entry-meta -->

The main function here is
sparkling_posted_on

Which you can find located in theme folder - inc template-tags.php

While you won’t understand these functions completely you will see there things such as entry-date, author, category and others that are self explanatory.

Everything wrapped in <i> tags such as <i class="fa fa-pencil-square-o"></i> are Font Awesome icons that you mentioned you want to remove, so you can do that.

Also for front page (blog index) you should find for the same sparkling_posted_on function in content.php file.

Make sure that you backup your files and that you have access to FTP before you start. These changes are really easy to make and there is no technical knowledge required but it will definitely take a lot of time to find the right place and the right combination.

Thanks Aigars for your prompt reply.
I was able to change the position of the post info which include the post date and category on content-single.php by moving this class(<div class=“entry-meta”>) from the top to the <footer class=“entry-meta”> of the code.

Now I wish to change the background colour of the <footer class=“entry-meta”> and put a border at the top. How can I do that?

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS and change color code to one you like to use.

footer.entry-meta {
	background: #111;
}

This should change background to entry-meta element you mentioned above.

Thanks Aigars. Done !

But then, my comment box disappeared. It is possible I deleted it in the single-content.php or the content.php during modification. Please, How can i fixed it?

Thanks for your usual help.

It is very unlikely that you removed comment form as it is in single.php file not on your mentioned ones.

However, the thing might be that you have made some other syntax error somewhere at the end of either file, so it breaks functionality of the next file. Make sure to check your server error log as there should be some more information what is throwing errors.