Changing the blog header to be different than site title and description

Currently, there is no option to separate the title and tagline of your site and what shows on the header of your blog. Image: https://cl.ly/jiZ6

Where in the code (even if I have to hard code it on the /blog page) can I have two different headers?

I’d like to have my blog header say “Blog - Weekly musings” but it only will let me have my default site title and tagline. If I change it, then every other page on my website says “Blog - Weekly musings” and it will mess up the pages SEO and structure.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, but it is not possible to have two different headers in WordPress.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards.
Support

Perhaps I am not explaining correctly. This image should clear it up since it’s on the settings page. https://cl.ly/jif7

I’d like, in the browser at the top, you can see the default title and tagline “Surrender to Sunday - Clarity Through Tarot” just like normal.

The problem is, the Blog page is pulling in the default title and tagline on the actual pages header, when I’d like that to be customized. I don’t see why the only option for that section would be the overall websites title and tagline.

Let me know if that makes further sense :slight_smile: Thank you!

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

So sorry about the confusion. I’m now understanding the issue that you’re having.

I went looking for a solution to this, and at the moment, just about the best way I’ve found to change this is to use the following CSS:

.col-sm-12 {
visibility: hidden;
}
.col-sm-12 h2:after {
content: “BLOG”;
visibility: visible;
display: block;
}

.col-sm-8.col-sm-offset-2 {
visibility: hidden;
}
.col-sm-8.col-sm-offset-2 p:after {
content: “Weekly Musings”;
display: block;
visibility: visible;
}

While this solution isn’t the best, it’s probably your best option right now given the fact that there isn’t really a way of changing that text without changing the site title and tagline.

Sorry about that, but I hope this works for you.

Best Regards,
Support