Changing the Footer Copyright message

Hi there,

I was wondering how to change the default footer/copyright message… Powered by WordPress…?

I’m rather new to coding so please help. Thanks!

Code related to footer copyrights are inside theme folder - inc - extras.php This file can be accessed only via FTP and make sure you backup it before you attempt to modify anything because this file is crucial to theme functionality.

I’ve seen the line to adjust, but when I remove it the site itself doesn’t load anymore, and goes to an error page.

/**

• function to show the footer info, copyright information
    */
    function sparkling_footer_info() {
    global $sparkling_footer_info;
    printf( __( ‘Theme by %1$s Powered by %2$s’, ‘sparkling’ ) , ‘Colorlib’, ‘WordPress’);
    }

What would I adjust here so that the theme would still be function? Thanks!

Try it like this

/**
 * function to show the footer info, copyright information
 */
function sparkling_footer_info() {
global $sparkling_footer_info;
  printf( __( 'Theme by %1$s', 'sparkling' ) , '<a href="https://colorlib.com/" target="_blank">Colorlib</a>');
}

Dear Aigars
first of all i’d like to thank you for your great theme/ sparkling
as i’m kind of new commer. thanks to your guide lines i’ve changed the footer in a way not display anything( Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress)
now i want you to hlep me to add ‘my own copyright text’ or to put some some color on the copy right that i’ve created using ‘footer putter’ plugin.
In your your idea which one is better? using footer putter or inserting some codes and writing the copy right text into the theme?
this is the website that i’m working on it: bemar.ir

Again I do Appreciate and thank you for your great themes.

@ptotir This is old topic and to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.