Child Theme slider issue

I am using a Tavelify Child theme and can not seem to get the home page slider to work. The site is: http://www.responsibleaqua.org/ It never transitions from the first slide and the navigation squares at the bottom do not show. When I switch the theme back to the main Tavelify theme it works fine. Is there something I need to do within the child theme to have this work correctly? In my child theme I have a file named “child-header-extensions.php” and within is the following code for the slider:

****************************************************************************************/

if ( ! function_exists( 'travelify_featured_post_slider' ) ) :
/**
 * display featured post slider
 * @uses set_transient and delete_transient
 */
function travelify_featured_post_slider() {	
	global $post;

global $travelify_theme_options_settings;
   $options = $travelify_theme_options_settings;

$travelify_featured_post_slider = '';
	if( ( !$travelify_featured_post_slider = get_transient( 'travelify_featured_post_slider' ) ) && !empty( $options[ 'featured_post_slider' ] ) ) {	
		$travelify_featured_post_slider .= '
		<section class="featured-slider"><div class="slider-cycle">';
			$get_featured_posts = new WP_Query( array(
				'posts_per_page' 			=> $options[ 'slider_quantity' ],
				'post_type'					=> array( 'post', 'page' ),
				'post__in'		 			=> $options[ 'featured_post_slider' ],
				'orderby' 		 			=> 'post__in',
				'ignore_sticky_posts' 	=> 1 						// ignore sticky posts
			));
			$i=0; while ( $get_featured_posts->have_posts()) : $get_featured_posts->the_post(); $i++;
				$title_attribute = apply_filters( 'the_title', get_the_title( $post->ID ) );
				$excerpt = get_the_excerpt();
				if ( 1 == $i ) { $classes = "slides displayblock"; } else { $classes = "slides displaynone"; }
				<div class="'.$classes.'">';
						if( has_post_thumbnail() ) {

$travelify_featured_post_slider .= '<figure><a href="' . get_permalink() . '" title="'.the_title('','',false).'">';

$travelify_featured_post_slider .= get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'slider', array( 'title' => esc_attr( $title_attribute ), 'alt' => esc_attr( $title_attribute ), 'class'	=> 'pngfix' ) ).'</a></figure>';
						}
						if( $title_attribute != '' || $excerpt !='' ) {
							<article class="featured-text">';
							if( $title_attribute !='' ) {
									$travelify_featured_post_slider .= '<div class="featured-title"><a href="' . get_permalink() . '" title="'.the_title('','',false).'">'. get_the_title() . '</a></div><!-- .featured-title -->';
							}
							if( $excerpt !='' ) {								
								$travelify_featured_post_slider .= '<div class="featured-content">'.$excerpt.'</div><!-- .featured-content -->';
							}
							</article><!-- .featured-text -->';
						}
				</div><!-- .slides -->';
			endwhile; wp_reset_query();
		$travelify_featured_post_slider .= '</div>				
		<nav id="controllers" class="clearfix">
		</nav><!-- #controllers --></section><!-- .featured-slider -->';

set_transient( 'travelify_featured_post_slider', $travelify_featured_post_slider, 86940 );
	}
	echo $travelify_featured_post_slider;	
}
endif;

/****************************************************************************************/

I have also tried deactivating all plugins to confirm it is not a plugin conflict. Please help. Thank you

Hi @dcurran,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

It seems this is happening because of the javascript error message occurred on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please share me your whole child theme so that i can troubleshoot the issue on my test site?

Kind Regards,
Movin

I have attached the child theme as a zip file. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I’ve sent a private reply with the files. Thank yo so much for your help!

Thank you for sharing the child theme.

I troubleshooted the shared child theme and made some changes in it to resolve this issue so please use the modified child theme attached in the next private reply.

Here’s the modified child theme.